Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At this moment in time....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Piste wrote: »
    Phasers is a girl?!

:pac: I could say the same about you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Girls eh?

how you doin :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

There are no girls on the internet, why doesn't anybody understand that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yup we're all she-men. On a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

K4t wrote: »
    I love my french dictionary. It's quite old and battered but it's got character. I can't imagine my school life without it, not necessarily for looking up words, but more the companionship and that something you can look to when you're feeling down that will raise your spirits.

Make sure you don't use the online translators though Piste:

Heh yeah online translators are sooo dodgy, my friend used one last year instead of doing her French homework adn the things they came out with!

I use a really good site called www.wordreference.com which does English-French, French-English and German-English, English-German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I've started using online dictionaries for French and German instead of paper dictionaries because it takes so much less time looking up words. Unfortunately I usually just end up on boards for ages totally cancelling out any time I may have saved.

The Irish one is horrendous!

(and yes no matter how good youre intention is, it always descends into mindless wandering of the interner, hell not even the internet, we have Physics last class on a friday in one of the computer rooms, and i just play solitare rather than even try and pay attention)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i do about 2 hours and even by the end of it im compleatly stir crazy!

spent 6 hours on homework one day.damn near killed me

i generally dont spend long on my work.

did my first draft of my history topic in 2 hours and got a c on it and did a b grade honoros english essay on adrienne rich in an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Fad wrote: »
    The Irish one is horrendous!
    www.focal.ie is a legend. LEGEND. Not too great for your every-day words though.

www.focal.ie is a legend. LEGEND. Not too great for your every-day words though.

It certainly seems to be, i was using a different one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

My new french teacher claims that most french people don't actually use proper grammar, so I'd be quite vary of using an online translator. :pac:

e.g. 'I am well' translates as 'Je suis bien' instead of 'Je vais bien'. The translators just put words together instead of the correct grammar or phrasing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

K4t wrote: »
    My new french teacher claims that most french people don't actually use proper grammar, so I'd be quite vary of using an online translator. :pac:

e.g. 'I am well' translates as 'Je suis bien' instead of 'Je vais bien'. The translators just put words together instead of the correct grammar or phrasing.
    http://imtranslator.com/ Not this website! It's very accurate to be fair. I used it a lot last year instead of my dictionary. It's good for writing complicated paragraphs to learn off for the oral exam. My teacher looked over everything and found very little, if any, mistakes. I got a B2 in the end!:o

Ive also decided that trying to type up notes is futile, damn you boards*

*boards=my complete lack of willpower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Reading about people doing an exam paper a night is strangely motivating.

Reeeeally must start kicking revision ass next week *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Fresh Breeze

4 weeks into the LC and don't have much done.
    I really really need to start doing something.

I should do it. I did all the partying and stuff last year. It'll be worth it now, to study, get the points I want for the course in college.

Yeah, starting Monday, I'll do the whole "one exam paper a night". Or I prefer choosing a topic per night, say the heart in biology and going through all the exam papers and answer every question on it. Helps you see the layout of question, similarities etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

At this stage last year when i was doing 6th year, i hadnt started studying at all. I was working about 25 hours a week too, so i barely did my homework.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 molly_dolly

Homework is kinda like sudying for me at the moment. At the end of each day I go through what we did that day so that when I get homework on that topic I can do it without the book/notes to test myself. In all this takes up to four hours (revision of that days work and new homework).

Obviously now, I'm taking a break despite the French reading comprehension just waiting to be done...
    (woo first post!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I had such good intentions for this week, spend all of yesterday making a cake and all of today feeling sorry for myself and being hungover.

All of today feeling sorry for myself and being hungover.

Ditto sadly, next weekend, i dont think i ll drink as i really still dont feel 100% even after almost an entire day :S

Was sooooo worth it though, i have so much to blackmail one of my friends with now :D, i freely admit that at times i can be a bit of a cúnt :P

Spent all weekend, saying yeah i ll do work when im finished here, OH WAIT Miami Ink is on, i ll watch that then do some work, etc etc. Irish essay due on tuesday and ive done nothing so far! :pac: tomorrow night shall be fun*

*Well i have Mogwai as a soundtrack to my latenight work, so it wont be too bad i hope.

Advertisement