Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What did your OH say when he found out he was going to be a dad?

• 12-09-2008 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭

Had our first pregnancy confirmed this morning. I woke up at 5.30am and couldn't get back to sleep so I snuck into the bathroom to take the test. After I'd confirmed it I decided to let my husband stay asleep as he's working long hours and we've had a few nights of really bad sleep this week.

He woke up just after 7 and asked me if I was going to go take the test now. I told him no, I'd already taken it and showed him the stick - a digital. He looked at the screen saying pregnant and the first thing he said was:

"Jesus wept! I thought it would take at least two or three months before you'd actually get pregnant."

I think that apart from "are you sure it's mine?" his was the worst response in the world.:mad:

I got him back though, when I told him that the "1-2" on the screen under "pregnant" which indicates weeks since conception, was an indication that it might be twins.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I believe it was "huh, what?", as I jumped on the bed last Fathers Day and woke him by waving a pee stick in his face :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I was the dad in question and some words are just not needed .

It was this :eek: expression which said it all

I believe i had :eek: on my face for weeks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Congratulations Iguana..
    Fun times ahead!!

I had a Mrs Doyle type of conversation with the oh, when I tell him the news last time. I rang him up...

ME: Hey Hun, good news I am pregnant again...
    HIM: Your Not
    ME: I am!!
    HIM: Serious??
    Me: Deadly serious..
    HIM: No way
    ME: definitely pregnant
    HIM: Jesus, I really do have super sperm...

Then he goes on at how wonderful he is, like he is the only man in the world whos penis produces children!!:D

I tell him how wonderful he is!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

GTFO

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

On handing him the test stick my oh said something like: 'theres no line on this test' (Hes colourblind) then 'fcuk' followed by 'ah here, you peed on that' :) we then spent about ten minutes staring at each other saying wow. Funny times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

my DH was playing computers when i told him (world of warcraft). He looked up and said OK. Then continued playing.

HEELLLOOOO

Bloody World of Warcraft, didnt sink in till i was in labor.

Advertisement