Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you encountering slow DSL ?

Options
  • 12-09-2008 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭

I posted this poll so we could see whether the DSl problems are specific to certain ISPs.

Im UTV and encountering loads of problems.

Are you encountering slow DSL and high pings ? 50 votes

Digiweb
    0% 0 votes
    Irish Broadband/Imagine
    0% 0 votes
    UTV
    2% 1 vote
    Esat BT
    40% 20 votes
    Eircom
    44% 22 votes
    Smart Telecom
    14% 7 votes
    Gaelic telecom
    0% 0 votes
    Perlico
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

slow DSL and high pings are seperate issues. So I think your poll will be skewed, the slow speeds seems to be restricted to certain providers whereas we know the high pings are down to eircom changing the interleaving settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Iago wrote: »
    slow DSL and high pings are seperate issues. So I think your poll will be skewed, the slow speeds seems to be restricted to certain providers whereas we know the high pings are down to eircom changing the interleaving settings.
    Fixed thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Looks like UTV are in the 'lead' here, with BT not a kick in the a$$ behind them. Maybe there's something in the theory that both BT and UTV are at fault after all. I dearly want to know the answer to that so I can mention it at my next complaint phonecall - the one just before I cancel my contract.

Any chance this could be stickied for a while? Just like to get a good overview of responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Maybe there's something in the theory that both BT and UTV are at fault after all. I dearly want to know the answer to that so I can mention it at my next complaint phonecall - the one just before I cancel my contract.
    Just after getting a call back from BT, the guy I spoke to confirmed that the problem is with their equipment, that they are trying to find and resolve the issue and have no idea of when or if they can fix it. Least I got an honest answer this time.

Whether or not it's been caused by the upgrade is another question, for my area neither BT or Eircom know if the exchange has been upgraded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

speeds are grand with me on eircom, but the pings are high enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

My speed is crap with BT for the last 2 weeks. Cancelling contract on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I posted this poll so we could see whether the DSl problems are specific to certain ISPs.

Im UTV and encountering loads of problems.

Where to vote "No"?

MFZ wrote: »
    Where to vote "No"?

Technically, I suppose there should have been a 'no' option, but I think the intention of the poll was to get an ISP breakdown of those who ARE experiencing slow speeds. Out of interest, what is your ISP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Apart from the sample size currently being too small to draw meaningful conclusions from, wouldn't this just reflect the popularity of the different ISPs? It seems most people would use UTV or BT given that they offer decent packages at an affordable price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement