Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games to get for the xbox original

Options
  • 12-09-2008 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Bolgey

just bought an xbox original in gamestop with halo2 and counterstrike, and i'm looking for more games to get for it, anyone have any recommondations

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ninja Gaiden Black
    Panzer Dragoon Orta (loved the first few levels, but the damn thing doesn't work properly on the 360:()

Oddworld Strangers Wrath is supposed to be fantastic, never got around to playing it myself though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Strangers Wrath is really good, also, try Fahrenheit and Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay! class games!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

My recommendations
    -Jet Set Radio
    -Forza {if you like racing games, I don't}
    -Beyond Good & Evil
    -Panzer Dragoon Orta {as mentioned}
    -Psychonauts {awesome game}
    -Crimson Skies {arcadey airplane shooter}
    -Elder Scrolls Morrowind
    -Riddick {as mentioned}
    -GTA:Double Pack/San Andreas
    -Fable:The Lost Chapters
    -Ninja Gaiden: Black
    -Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (1 & 2)
    -Jade Empire
    -Halo (1)

There are some others like Burnout 3 & Soul Calibur 2, but that's enough.

I too never got around to playing Stranger's Wrath.
    I must check if it's BC.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Call of Cthulu, Dreamfall, Psychonauts, Crimson Skies, Morrowind, Fahrenheit.

I too never got around to playing Stranger's Wrath.
    I must check if it's BC.

Fairly sure it isn't, at least it wasn't the last time I checked... Still kicking myself for getting rid of my original xbox:o

• Advertisement

• Get a game called The Warriors, its based on the film and really enjoyable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Along with the above I'd recommend:

- Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection
    - Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
    - Sniper Elite

:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Another shout for PAnzer Dragoon Orta and Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast.

Never did finish the Warriors, but loved it and the xbox version is the better one. Must dig it out and give it another go, really liked it at the time and love the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Bolgey

i've taken on some of your recomondations, i currently own some xbox games for the pc, and i have halo2 and counterstrike for the xbox already, might try to pick up:

fable
    fracry instincts(own the first one on pc)
    mercenaries
    freedom fighters
    half-life 2
    fahrenheit

if anyone has any more suggestions, i'd love to hear them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Strangers Wrath is definitely worth getting: made my late purchase of an XBox well worth it. The first half of the game is a fantastic bounty hunting game, and the second half has action that completely destroys Halo. Well worth it.

Panzer Dragoon, as mentioned. Spectacular game. Tricky, but well worth it.

And another shout for Psychonauts, the best non-Nintendo platformer in years. Hilarious too.

If you're looking for a straight FPS, Chronicles of Riddick is a fine game. Far Cry is fun too, the animal powers are a nice addition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Bolgey wrote: »
    i've taken on some of your recomondations, i currently own some xbox games for the pc, and i have halo2 and counterstrike for the xbox already, might try to pick up:

fable
    fracry instincts(own the first one on pc)
    mercenaries
    freedom fighters
    half-life 2
    fahrenheit

if anyone has any more suggestions, i'd love to hear them

Good list there, make sure to try out the GTA double pack or san andreas if you havn't before, they should be dead cheap at this stage. Also make sure to get Fable the lost chapters rather than the original, it has much more stuff in it.

Good list there, make sure to try out the GTA double pack or san andreas if you havn't before, they should be dead cheap at this stage. Also make sure to get Fable the lost chapters rather than the original, it has much more stuff in it.

thanks for the gta recommondations, i've got 3 and vice city already, but might pick up san andreas for the xbox, oh, and thanks for the tip on fable

was going to get pyschonauts, but i found out that its been realised under creative commons until the new year, so will download it instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rascal77

If you like fps games get Black.

was going to get pyschonauts, but i found out that its been realised under creative commons until the new year, so will download it instead

It is? Can I see a source for that? I can't find anything saying that.

It is? Can I see a source for that? I can't find anything saying that.
    'Psychonauts (2005) is a critically acclaimed, quirky action game published by Ubisoft, and available on the service GameTap as a free game until December 2008 (NON-FREELY REDISTRIBUTABLE).'
    this is wahat it says on wikipedia, here's the link, it's under the letter 'P'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_games_released_as_freeware

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Couldn't be arsed playing it on the PC.

• I forgot about these jems. I still have my original xbox must root it out :P

Shenmue II -Best Game in my opinion
    Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis
    Burnout 3
    Tiger Woods
    Tony Hawk's Underground
    Scarface

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I was a huge fan of the Burnout games, Burnout 3 was probably my favourite of the series. Ninja Gaiden/Black, Panzer Dragoon Orta and Psychonauts are awesome too. But all of those have already been mentioned.

Ninja Gaiden/Black, Panzer Dragoon Orta and Psychonauts are awesome too. But all of those have already been mentioned.

They've already ignored the 2 recommendations for PDO, so no harm in mentioning it again... It might be a bit hard to find at this stage though

I thought that Far Cry Instincts was a bit crap, but only played for 20 minutes or so... Didn't seem to hold up well to the PC original

this is wahat it says on wikipedia, here's the link, it's under the letter 'P'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_games_released_as_freeware

Oh gametap. Right, not technically CC, but yeah, the GT way is a handy free option.

• Advertisement

tman wrote: »
    They've already ignored the 2 recommendations for PDO, so no harm in mentioning it again... It might be a bit hard to find at this stage though

i've had a look at PDO and it just doesnt seem like a game i'm interested in, thats why i havent consider buying it, but i'm glad it's still been recommended becuase i might not have had a chance to consider it.

thanks everyone for their input

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i've had a look at PDO and it just doesnt seem like a game i'm interested in, thats why i havent consider buying it, but i'm glad it's still been recommended becuase i might not have had a chance to consider it.

It's your loss, it really is fantastic, nothing on the xbox other than ninja gaiden comes close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
    Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic
    Half Life 2
    Silent Hill 2
    Shenmue 2
    GTA 3, vice city, san andres

Advertisement