Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help? Where can i find a gear box for Nissan Primera

Options
  • 12-09-2008 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Any one know where i can find a gear box for a nissan primera 2002 1.6 petrol. Model before the present one.
    Nyone recommend breakers or place that has one?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cabbott

whats the matter with your own. they only usually give bearing problems and are cheap to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

www.traynors.co.uk

Large scrap yard up North.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd say most gearbox repairers will be able to sort you out. Failed gearboxes in 1.6 Primeras are quite common.

Try here for openers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 y

Thanks for those. My mechanic is checking traynors daily and mr gearbox quoted me 1400 today for a reconditioned one.
    I spoke to nissan and found out the the 2002 model (Old shape) Was changed the month mine was bought and the 97-2001 has a different gearbox to the 2002 and the 2002(new shape) to present is different to my one also. Basically my car is an anomoly and gearboxes are hard to come by for this year. Nissan can only recondition the box in mine and couldnt quote me a price til they open it up and at that stage they'd already need to be paid for labour and it could cost thousands. I found out this after speaking to mr gearbox so i cant even be gauranteed that they have the correct one(have to re ring them).

Help help help. I cant afford to scrap the car(its a taxi) and theres only 86k on the clock. I need the car for at least 6 months.

Anyone out there know of any crashed 02 nissan primera's 1.6 petrol old shape.

????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cabbott

those nissan gearboxes are a doddle to work on, im a mechanic, if your mechanic is worthwhile, he should be able to open it up, and repair it, within a mornings work, i bet its only 2 bearings it needs, can be got from your nearest agri industrial shop, fixed for a fraction of a so called reconditioned repainded box, dont buy a second hand box, as forest gump said, you never know what you gona get. ie likleyhood is it will have the same problems as your own in a couple of months, keep us posted on your progress, and let us know if you still are in bother.

• Advertisement
Advertisement