Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iclones ?

• 12-09-2008 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im considering getting one of these, namely the Cect P168S . The best thing about the phone is both sims are online at the same time ..so no more need to carry two phone :)

The only issue I have is will I be able to use MMS , WAP etc ?

I'm with vodafone and know they dont sell thses phones so probbaly dont support them .

Is there any owners out there that got the settings and are they working ok ?

Any feedback would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you provided links to the phone etc you might get a better response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I personally would steer clear of any Chinese imports, such as the iClone handset mentioned, as if things go wrong you are hardly going to like sending it back to China for repair.

There does seem to be a lot of people buying them though, as a cheap alternative to the Apple iPhone, but I would think if you are looking for an iPhone, buy an iPhone; leave the cheap alternatives alone.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I personally would steer clear of any Chinese imports, such as the iClone handset mentioned, as if things go wrong you are hardly going to like sending it back to China for repair.

The warranty doesn't bother me tbh
    There does seem to be a lot of people buying them though, as a cheap alternative to the Apple iPhone, but I would think if you are looking for an iPhone, buy an iPhone; leave the cheap alternatives alone.

The iphone isn't any good to me as the primary reason Im interested in this phone is its dual sim

This is the link to the one I was thinking of buying

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Unlocked-CECT-P168s-Dual-Stand-By-PDA-MP3-TOUCH-SCREEN_W0QQitemZ140267196049QQihZ004QQcategoryZ3312QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why would ya buy it? ya do realise that only one of the lesbians is enjoying that strap on! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Barr wrote: »
    The iphone isn't any good to me as the primary reason Im interested in this phone is its dual sim

This is the link to the one I was thinking of buying

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Unlocked-CECT-P168s-Dual-Stand-By-PDA-MP3-TOUCH-SCREEN_W0QQitemZ140267196049QQihZ004QQcategoryZ3312QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The eBay item looks fine but as I've said, I'd be more worried about the warranty issues. Even if you never have an issue until you get your next handset, it's better to have that warranty so that you're covered just in case.

I would consider looking at the Samsung D880 Duos as an alternative, since you want a dual-sim handset.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    The eBay item looks fine but as I've said, I'd be more worried about the warranty issues. Even if you never have an issue until you get your next handset, it's better to have that warranty so that you're covered just in case.

I would consider looking at the Samsung D880 Duos as an alternative, since you want a dual-sim handset.

I've looked at the Samsung as well -excellent phone but they are way more expensive than the cect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

did you end up getting the i-clone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

metalfest wrote: »
    did you end up getting the i-clone?

i got one for the mrs; main reason being the dual sim feature similar to above. i've only had a quick mess around and all seems in order. my only initial gripe is the horrendously cheap startup noise it makes; very hard to describe but it would result in me never voluntarily turning it off! normally i would be concerned about warranty but it's a gift so . . .eh! main visual difference from the iphone is that the screen is sunken into the device. it doesn't even have edge but she'll never use the browser so that's not a concern. she's getting it on wednesday, i'll keep ye posted if it implodes within a couple of days. . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

good stuff, do you know the exact model number?
    and where did you buy it if you don't mind me asking?

Advertisement