Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis - Warhead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

anyone have a hard copy of it yet? i was tempted to get it from steam but the total download is over 10 gigs, that way to much to download it on my internet speeed (240kb/s). play.com will be as quick sending it through the post and its cheaper but im gonna look for a hard copy of it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/crysis-warhead/review/crysis-warhead/a-200809161632358014/g-20080609143756441028
    Crytek seems bizarrely eager to de-emphasize the finest aspects of Crysis - the challenge and the open-ended nature of the gameplay in most missions - in favor of a more linear and simpler Call of Duty 4–style campaign. The result is an awkward hybrid that feels like a theme park ride based on the original - a sort of Crysis: Pirates of the North Korean. It’s a loud, explosive, action-packed seven-or-so hours that nonetheless manage to feel simple, uninspired, and even tedious by comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Good luck finding it in shops, game, gamestop and even hmv, tried em all and none of em have it.
    How big is the steam download?? It says 15gb but i think thats for crysis & crysis warhead bundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

tba wrote: »

Thats the first negative review ive seen. And ever since GR closed their UK forums they can basically go **** themselves anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

0ubliette wrote: »
    Good luck finding it in shops, game, gamestop and even hmv, tried em all and none of em have it.
    How big is the steam download?? It says 15gb but i think thats for crysis & crysis warhead bundle

Phoned Game in Liffey Valley and The Square and they said they have it in stock at 29.99

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

rang the gamestop in ballincollig and they told me its not out till next friday :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

rang the gamestop in ballincollig and they told me its not out till next friday :confused:.

In fairness, the lads in Gamestop Ballincollig aren't the sharpest bananas in the tin. They've told me all manner of weird stuff in the months since they opened.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    In fairness, the lads in Gamestop Ballincollig aren't the sharpest bananas in the tin. They've told me all manner of weird stuff in the months since they opened.

haha true:pac:,I'll give game in town a buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

Seems to be running much smoother than original. AI has picked up as well. Still seems too easy on delta though. So many ways to kill them :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Got it in game (galway) this morning €29.99

So far Im loving it but........ there are bugs
    Changing mode (strength, stealth etc.) vocal is delayed. So when I change to str mode, i hear the vocal for it about 3 seconds later.
    Also, I left the computer for 10 mins and came back and found that my screensaver was trying to run, even though crysis was running when I left it. This ****ed it up and I tried CAD but in the end I had to do a hard shut down. Wonder if theres a Zero day patch?

Also regarding the DMR for those wondering -

"Warhead uses online authentication and allows up to five activations. This gives you the opportunity to install the game as many times as you want on five different machines."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Krieg wrote: »
    Got it in game (galway) this morning €29.99

So far Im loving it but........ there are bugs
    Changing mode (strength, stealth etc.) vocal is delayed. So when I change to str mode, i hear the vocal for it about 3 seconds later.

I had this problem in the demo for Crysis (from last year >_>).

• Got my copy in xtravision there, also going for 29.99. Seems they got rid of the 28th of september crap. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BreakNeckSpeed

Tried XtraVison and Smythes and they said it wont be in untill the 26th. WTF :confused:

• Tried XtraVison and Smythes and they said it wont be in untill the 26th. WTF :confused:
    I dont get it???? Are Xtravision systems all linked together, i think they are. Well i got my copy it was on the shelf in xtravision Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

yeah, got mine in xtravision arklow, 29.99, nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I dont get it???? Are Xtravision systems all linked together, i think they are. Well i got my copy it was on the shelf in xtravision Athlone.

I worked in Xtra-Vision and no, they're not linked up. It's probably the most illogical system known to man in those stores

By any chance they be in stock in blanch ?

Its getting annoying all stores saying they wont have it in till the 26th :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Just went to my local gamestop and xtra-vision but they didnt have it.
    How big is the download on steam? i might just get that.

Just booted this up for the first time tonight - anyone else get a wierd bug on the Menu screens where your cursor doesn't sync up with the options? Very annoying.

Branoic wrote: »
    Just booted this up for the first time tonight - anyone else get a wierd bug on the Menu screens where your cursor doesn't sync up with the options? Very annoying.

YES!
    I had it with the original crysis too
    Protip: Don't move the mouse until the menu comes up. Works for me

I finished the game earlier today. Overall its not bad, def much more action orientated then the first game. Storyline is really naff though.
    Final boss
    looked great and it seemed like it was going to be an epic battle but I was left disappointed

Am I correct in assuming that because I bought the retail copy I don't get to try Crysis wars multiplayer? Or whats the story there?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Krieg wrote: »
    YES!
    I had it with the original crysis too
    Protip: Don't move the mouse until the menu comes up. Works for me

I finished the game earlier today. Overall its not bad, def much more action orientated then the first game. Storyline is really naff though.
    Final boss
    looked great and it seemed like it was going to be an epic battle but I was left disappointed

Am I correct in assuming that because I bought the retail copy I don't get to try Crysis wars multiplayer? Or whats the story there?

Crysis Wars is free to Crysis Warhead purchasers, I'm fairly sure on this, crytek decided to split them afaik :confused:

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Crysis Wars is free to Crysis Warhead purchasers, I'm fairly sure on this, crytek decided to split them afaik :confused:

Nick

Your right

I checked the manual and there was a separate disc with in the box (I thought it was just some EA 'upcoming games' disc). Installing it now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Haha, is the below true? It's kinda nice they're trying to make their UI friendlier to the non-PC nerd, but still :rolleyes:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/09/22/how-not-to-make-a-video-settings-menu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

i havnt been following PC news in a while as im currently without my PC.

ill give it a whirl anyway when I get a chance. heres fingers crossed to see how it will perform and how it will play.

• Just finished the single player last night.
    Pros and Cons:

Pros:
    Its alot more action packed.
    It runs smoother than origianl crysis with all the action going on.
    Loved the new approach to the action, some great set pieces.
    Great multiplayer runs smoother also. Excellent addition of team instant action.

Cons:
    Its more like a linear shooter this time around. Not as much sneaking and it aint no sandbox anymore.
    New weapons meh: Didn't like the grenade launcher and the other mini uzis.
    Its a bit short tbh barely 6-7 hours on hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

pixelburp wrote: »
    Haha, is the below true? It's kinda nice they're trying to make their UI friendlier to the non-PC nerd, but still :rolleyes:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/09/22/how-not-to-make-a-video-settings-menu/

Yep. I'm on all min setting anyway, but I went in to turn up the physics and had a bit of a wtf moment. It's pretty lame.

BTW, was the improved shooting accuracy in suit strength mode in the original Crysis? If it was I missed being told about it.

did'nt realise it required 14gigs on your hard drive :eek:

MOH wrote: »
    BTW, was the improved shooting accuracy in suit strength mode in the original Crysis? If it was I missed being told about it.

Yep its in the original, quite handy for sniping

At this rate I should of just downloaded it off steam , but I dont have acess to a credit card atm. Damn Irish shops , they never get any release dates right. Geuss I will just have to wait till friday to pick up a copy since I was told by argos , smythes , gamestop , game and multiple others its not out till the 26th which is this friday : sigh : :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

did'nt realise it required 14gigs on your hard drive :eek:

I think that's for a full installation plus the Crysis Wars multiplayer disc. With my retail version it's only taking up 5 gigs - didn't bother with Crysis Wars, and with a custom install of the main game you can choose to not install a whole host of language packs, each one nearly taking up a gig!

Advertisement