Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An opinion on older women who try too hard?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Because some of us are clever enough to wear winter tights/leggings and keep our legs nice and warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Oryx wrote: »
    You dont feel the cold when your aged 5-19. Dont you remember that? Donkeys years ago I had my school skirt up to my oxters and rolled down socks in January. Blue legs are so sexy.:D

That is so true! You must have gone to the same school as me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 j-bone

its really just a matter of style,,older women can be even more sexy than young un's,,classy,sophisticated though NOT "mutton dressed as lamb"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Karen_* wrote: »
    Why do teens and early twenties go out on freezing cold nights with skirts so short you can see their breakfast?

Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

THFC1 wrote: »
    Hi girls,
    My question is why do some older women try too hard to look 'sexy'?

My question is why shouldn't they?
    My questions are...what do you think of women like this? And, if you are inclined to dress this way, are you really craving attention?:o

Thanks.;)

I'd be more worried about the woman who is so bothered by the way OTHER PEOPLE dress, she felt she had to register her disgust on the Internet.
    Why does it bother you? I think you'd learn more in answering that question than wasting your time questioning what others put on their bodies.
    EVERYBODY wants to look attractive, it's such a no-brainer my brain is bleeding. But that's just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

MAJD fetish: tailored, boot-cut trousers in a pale colour with a front pleat over a high wedge sandal, with painted, pedicured toes, along with a fitted silk blouse with a plunging neckline.

MAJD fear: skin tight lycra leggings with an obvious g-string, high heel platforms with a transparent heel and sole combo, a translucent leopardskin print top with a plunging neckline over a black wonderbra, visible through the blouse.

This is Penny's of course, international house of high fashion...

FYP ;)
    Who are you to judge somebody else's fashion sense? You are entitled to your opinion of course, but to actually specify down the item of clothing whether it's classed as 'trying' or 'not trying' is just nonsensical. You could put all of the first option on someone like Liz out of Coronation Street (best example I could think of!), it doesn't mean she'll look better. And vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Trying: tailored, boot-cut trousers in a pale colour with a front pleat over a high wedge sandal, with painted, pedicured toes, along with a fitted silk blouse with a plunging neckline.

Trying too hard: skin tight lycra leggings with an obvious g-string, high heel platforms with a transparent heel and sole combo, a translucent leopardskin print top with a plunging neckline over a black wonderbra, visible through the blouse.

This is Penny's of course, international house of high fashion...

Thanks for clearing that up.

You'd be very unfortunate to actually encounter someone dressed in the latter fashion though.

Generally the best looking older women go for 'elegant' over 'sexy', in my opinion anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 THFC1

Trying too hard: skin tight lycra leggings with an obvious g-string, high heel platforms with a transparent heel and sole combo, a translucent leopardskin print top with a plunging neckline over a black wonderbra, visible through the blouse.
    Thanks girls (and lads) for your opinions....^this is how the women that i mentioned dress.

I'll give you a description of both ladies:

Woman #1: Dyed bonde hair (with extensions), leopardskin plunging v-neck top (finishes about half way down her stomach), belly button pierced, with the majority of clevage on display, large tan belt, skin tight tan leggings with ankle chain on right foot and 4'/5' inch black stillettos.

Woman #2: Dyed dark red hair, black or cream v-neck plunging v-neck top (cleavage on display) tucked into black belt, skin-tight black or cream trousers (which show an admittedly good arse on display), and either knee-high black stilletto boots or spike strappy stilletto heels.

...i'm telling you the red-blooded males that come into the shop (on their own or with wifes/girlfriends) absolutely drool over these ladies. Leering at them all the time...!!!...

...girls, do you dress this way? or would you consider dressing this way? What would you do if your bf/hubby was in the shop with you and copped an eyeful of these women:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

There was a woman on my plane recently who was about 50 and had this tiny velour tracksuit in bright pink saying playgirl all over it. It was cropped at the tummy. Mutton dressed as lamb tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Pythia wrote: »
    There was a woman on my plane recently who was about 50 and had this tiny velour tracksuit in bright pink saying playgirl all over it. It was cropped at the tummy. Mutton dressed as lamb tbh.
    Thanks girls (and lads) for your opinions....^this is how the women that i mentioned dress.

I'll give you a description of both ladies:

Woman #1: Dyed bonde hair (with extensions), leopardskin plunging v-neck top (finishes about half way down her stomach), belly button pierced, with the majority of clevage on display, large tan belt, skin tight tan leggings with ankle chain on right foot and 4'/5' inch black stillettos.

Woman #2: Dyed dark red hair, black or cream v-neck plunging v-neck top (cleavage on display) tucked into black belt, skin-tight black or cream trousers (which show an admittedly good arse on display), and either knee-high black stilletto boots or spike strappy stilletto heels.
    Would look tacky on women of any age - and the tracksuit Pythia described wouldn't suit any girl past her mid teens.
    i'm telling you the red-blooded males that come into the shop (on their own or with wifes/girlfriends) absolutely drool over these ladies. Leering at them all the time...!!!
    And the problem with positive attention from members of the opposite sex is...? Fair play I say.
    girls, do you dress this way? or would you consider dressing this way?
    No, looks tacky - but age wouldn't be a factor in that decision.
    What would you do if your bf/hubby was in the shop with you and copped an eyeful of these women:confused:
    :confused: If he simply saw them? I'd do nothing. Should I do something?
    He wouldn't find that look attractive but if he did...? Fine. Attached guys look at other women all the time.
    What's the difference between a guy eyeing up a woman like those you've described and a woman who's dressed more tastefully?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Pythia wrote: »

Rather see a 10 year old dressed like that or a 50 year old?

*Shudders*

Kids these days. :rolleyes:

...i'm telling you the red-blooded males that come into the shop (on their own or with wifes/girlfriends) absolutely drool over these ladies. Leering at them all the time...!!!...

...girls, do you dress this way? or would you consider dressing this way? What would you do if your bf/hubby was in the shop with you and copped an eyeful of these women:confused:

Do you get time to actually do any work? Or does the moral sentinel thing take up all your time?

stovelid wrote: »
    Do you get time to actually do any work? Or does the moral sentinel thing take up all your time?
    Oh believe me i work, but it's hard not to look when women dressed like this are in the shop. You're always going to look if you're a man or a woman.

Also, i'm pretty sure these women are delighted that men ogle them, that's why they probably dress this way.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

is this the bitch thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

I'm still not sure what the actual problem is??

"So what" still keeps coming to mind :rolleyes:

It still saddens me that women are constantly criticising women over what they wear. There is more than enough crap bombarding us from all around about the fact that we are too big, too small, too white, too black, whatever.

Let them be! Fair bloody play to them! I'd rather look at them (at their age :rolleyes:) than be faced with men with massive bellies and shirts stretched like the Hulk around them or blokes with stinking football shirts on tbh!

Oh believe me i work, but it's hard not to look when women dressed like this are in the shop. You're always going to look if you're a man or a woman.
    Seriously, what is the problem? :confused:
    Also, i'm pretty sure these women are delighted that men ogle them, that's why they probably dress this way.:rolleyes:
    It appears to cause you much anger... are you jealous? If a woman likes male attention (and I'd have thought most women do - don't you?) and she dresses with that in mind, what exactly is she doing wrong? Oh yeah, again, the age thing. Let it go. Life's too short...

And this is wrong, how? Did you catch someone you fancy checking them out?

Perhaps they should chunky cardigans or boiler suits because they're over 40...

Seriously though, you'd expect this kind of hypocrisy from uptight men about 'slutty' dressing, but it's sad seeing how judgmental and bitchy some women can be toward other women.

when you get to my age all females look beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Dudess wrote: »
    Seriously, what is the problem? :confused:...

lets hear it for women who look after themselves and make the world a happier place:D

I think the OP and Twitching Anus http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=146698 would make a beautiful couple :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dudess wrote: »
    I think the OP and Twitching Anus http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=146698 would make a beautiful couple :)
    I had wondered if they were at least related.
    Also, i'm pretty sure these women are delighted that men ogle them, that's why they probably dress this way.rolleyes.gif
    When the spice girls did it, way back in the day, they called it girl power.

Fact is, women often dress in a way that they feel looks good to other people, therefore making themselves feel good. These women obviously dress in a way that makes them feel good and confident. Maybe they want to impress men, maybe they just like that style.

All I hear from your posts is jealousy that you dont have the chutzpah to dress with the same kind of confidence.

stovelid wrote: »
    And this is wrong, how? Did you catch someone you fancy checking them out?

Perhaps they should chunky cardigans or boiler suits because they're over 40...

Seriously though, you'd expect this kind of hypocrisy from uptight men about 'slutty' dressing, but it's sad seeing how judgmental and bitchy some women can be toward other women.
    Question for you.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that if you walked into a shop with your husband or boyfriend and he decided to stop his conversation with you because he was checking out these women's cleavage when they walked past you both...it would be okay because that's the way they look?

One of my best friends was telling me that she went shopping with her boyfriend a couple of weekends ago, he went into the chemist to buy shaving gel for himself and she was texting her friend outside.

She looked back inside the Chemist and saw a woman (like the ones i'm describing) standing in the same aisle talking to her boyfriend. When her boyfriend emerged from the shop, he told her that this woman asked him for the time and he admitted that he thought she was deliberately giving him an eyeful of her clevage. She told me that her boyfriend was obviously delighted...but how do you think she felt?:confused:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

To the best of my knowledge stovelid is a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I would. That is all. Actually,maybe i'll say some more. Older wimmins,yes,nice,indeed. Although i've seen the type that get all hawted up,and do silly things-examples-seen them come into shops i've worked in and flirt with guys on tills,trying to either a)get them to ignore some small item in the trolley,or b) self esteem? I dunno. Another example-in pubs,flirt with young gentleman/make eyes across the bar,while their partner is there! Silly behaviour. But of course,they're just stupid. Older hot women in general. yes yes.

Question for you.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that if you walked into a shop with your husband or boyfriend and he decided to stop his conversation with you because he was checking out these women's cleavage when they walked past you both...it would be okay because that's the way they look?

One of my best friends was telling me that she went shopping with her boyfriend a couple of weekends ago, he went into the chemist to buy shaving gel for himself and she was texting her friend outside.

She looked back inside the Chemist and saw a woman (like the ones i'm describing) standing in the same aisle talking to her boyfriend. When her boyfriend emerged from the shop, he told her that this woman asked him for the time and he admitted that he thought she was deliberately giving him an eyeful of her clevage. She told me that her boyfriend was obviously delighted...but how do you think she felt?:confused:

I'm a man, and no, if a man stops his conversation to stare a cleavage, that's rude. But that's the fault of the person who is staring, not the cleavage-bearer.

Your previous posts suggested that the age of the women was your issue, but if you have an issue with other women displaying flesh, it's not really your business either. It's a bit silly to think that women should cover up for the sake of other women's men.

As ever, the women get the blame; obviously the poor men are just forced to stare at the nasty, slutty boobies.

I notice attractive women. I'm sure my wife notices attractive men, but she is with me, so I don't lose sleep about it. If she draped herself embarrassingly around a good-looking man, her behavior would be the issue, not the guy flaunting his looks.

Question for you.

I am out of shaving cream- which chemist was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Question for you.

Yep you're right after all...very valid argument!

I personally think that anyone over the age of 13 should be made go out in this!! Just to save all the poor mens eyes and to make the poor partners feel a bit better!

Burka.jpg

I think that if the man thought the chemist woman was purposely (which I doubt!!) trying to give him an eyeful he should have been a) thrilled or b) not looked! And if your friend felt threatened by this then she should a) look at her relationship a bit more closely or b) have a chat with her man about the way he disrespects both herself and strange women in the shops who have no watch!

Wayhay Curvy Vixen - I find women like Nigella Lawson amazingly sexy :D

When I see the Size Zero actresses' and models I think blah body fascists - could never find a woman that looks like a teenage boy attractive.Do I find them attractive NAH.:mad:

I would be very suspicous about THFC1 s friend - was he arranging a secret rendezvous -or did he really mean"MY GF really lacks something on the cleavage front - Bet she feels threatened now JUst a thought - :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055380466

Part and parcel imho but at least the Ugandans are applying it across the board, and not just to wrinklies. :)

• Advertisement

as a dirty old man when i take my lovely bulldog out for a walk young{and old } ladies bend down to pat him--wow i sure see a lot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement