Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An opinion on older women who try too hard?

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

When, not if, my oh looks appreciatively at another woman (whether slutty or classy or just goodlooking) I usually have a nos as well and compare notes with him. Far from making me feel inferior, sometimes I think its funny, sometimes I think its flattering (in a hes got good taste and is with me way). We all look at nice things, we cant help it were visual creatures. Im not going to put blinkers on any man, no more than I would tolerate someone controlling what I can or cant look at.

Its all down to trust. If you are happy and trusting with your fella and have no obvious security issues, why should it bug you what or who he looks at?

Actually I have more of a problem when my man looks enviously at a nice car, cos I think..oh no... were gonna be changing the car again. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Oryx -Betcha you know how to keep yer man happy so hes not prowling chemists looking down ladies tops:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

THFC1 wrote: »
    Question for you.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that if you walked into a shop with your husband or boyfriend and he decided to stop his conversation with you because he was checking out these women's cleavage when they walked past you both...it would be okay because that's the way they look?
    Yeah, seriously. How is it so amazing for you?
    One of my best friends was telling me that she went shopping with her boyfriend a couple of weekends ago, he went into the chemist to buy shaving gel for himself and she was texting her friend outside.

She looked back inside the Chemist and saw a woman (like the ones i'm describing) standing in the same aisle talking to her boyfriend. When her boyfriend emerged from the shop, he told her that this woman asked him for the time and he admitted that he thought she was deliberately giving him an eyeful of her clevage. She told me that her boyfriend was obviously delighted...but how do you think she felt?:confused:
    LOL - so it was the woman's fault. Get a grip.

It's not just the older ones really, it's women in general isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Dudess wrote: »

LOL - so it was the woman's fault. Get a grip.

It's not just the older ones really, it's women in general isn't it?

Tragically, the extreme endpoint of these kind of opinions is the argument that some men just can't help raping provocatively dressed women who should have dressed more discreetly.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

stovelid wrote: »
    Tragically, the extreme endpoint of these kind of opinions is the argument that some men just can't help raping provocatively dressed women who should have dressed more discreetly.
    The "She Asked For It" defence. Makes my blood boil. At what point do you decide shes stopped being a good girl and has changed to a slut? Is it when the skirt is one inch above the knee, or two?

• Advertisement

Question for you.

She told me that her boyfriend was obviously delighted...but how do you think she felt?:confused:

I imagine shes feeling very insecure and inadequete at the moment - she probably needs a makeover - feels frumpy and unloved and has low self esteem. Still wearing the knickers she got in secondary school for camogie and tracksuit bottoms an ex-flatmate discarded.

Not at all appealing and and its still all that womans fault - the slut.

YUk imagine how awful the B/F must feel -what will she be like if they marry- a baglady or 10 years time. Shivers.

She is threatened by someone who takes good care of herself and knows how to leave perfect strangers captivated. I really love it when a woman dresses up and smiles just for me :D:D:D

Oryx wrote: »
    The "She Asked For It" defence. Makes my blood boil. At what point do you decide shes stopped being a good girl and has changed to a slut? Is it when the skirt is one inch above the knee, or two?
    the she asked for it- terrible - its violence and domination

nobody believes it nowdays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

One of my best friends was telling me that she went shopping with her boyfriend a couple of weekends ago, he went into the chemist to buy shaving gel for himself and she was texting her friend outside.

She looked back inside the Chemist and saw a woman (like the ones i'm describing) standing in the same aisle talking to her boyfriend. When her boyfriend emerged from the shop, he told her that this woman asked him for the time and he admitted that he thought she was deliberately giving him an eyeful of her clevage. She told me that her boyfriend was obviously delighted...but how do you think she felt?:confused:

Sorry, meant to say.......not sure how if she was upset but I can tell you that apparently it was about half past 2 ;):D

Sorry, meant to say.......not sure how she felt but I can tell you that apparently it was about half past 2 ;):D

but I hope her hands were soft and warm and not wet and cold after washing lettuce;););)

CDfm wrote: »
    but I hope her hands were soft and warm and not wet and cold after washing lettuce;););)

:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

:eek::eek::eek:
    youll be banned from that chemist yet -Im tellin ya:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Dave5

Sarah/THFC1, i'm a 38 year-old guy from Clonsilla who frequents the Blanchardstown Centre on Friday nights and Saturday mornings, and i see older women like who you're talking about up there all the time, i say fair play to them and i don't mind admitting that it makes my day to see older women who look good and/or sexy.

There's one women who i know, lives locally, and she's the most genuine and nice person to meet. Yes, she's roughly in her mid-40's and i'll admit when i've ran into her up there, sometimes i've ended up talking to her cleavage, but what do you expect me to do? Stare at the ceiling when i'm talking to her?

I'll admit it, when i'm shopping up there, and i do see older women who dress that way, i'm always going to look, most red blooded men would.

I'm not a pervert by any stretch of the imagination, but after a hard days work, to go up to the Centre for a bit of shopping and to see sexy older women with great cleavage and/or a decent arse, puts me in a good mood for the day!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 THFC1

Dave5 wrote: »
    to see older women with great cleavage and/or a decent arse, puts me in a good mood for the day!;)
    ^This is the reaction that women who dress like this want, what do you mean by that Dave?:o

^This is the reaction that women who dress like this want, what do you mean by that Dave?:o
    Well, let me put it this way...
    ...as i can recall, there was a survey done in a national newspaper recently about which sex ogle the most and unsurprisingly the males do it more than females. Correct me if i'm wrong, but what was said in that survey was that a hetrosexual man usually checks out/ogles eight women per day for roughly five minutes each.

What i'm saying to you is that if these older women who try to look good and or sexy, i say more power to them, if they have it there's nothing wrong with wearing what they want. As that survey said, and i don't mind admitting it myself, if i see an older or younger women who looks well and attractive/sexy i'm always going to look....

....most hetrosexual men do it on a daily basis, i don't know if women like this realise that guys are looking, i'm assuming they do, there's nothing wrong with it if a woman feels comfortable with what she's wearing.

...what i'm saying is, sometimes i can have a really ****ty day in work. And if i go shopping to cheer myself up and an attractive/sexy older or younger woman catches my eye, it perks me up and makes me feel better. I'm by no means a creep, but i'm always going to look, it's a fact of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kerry08

i think its just jealousy of the young people of today if these woman want to dress this way why should it be any concern of yours or anyone else sure the 17 years olds are probably saying the same about you (im the same age as you) if we look as good and are as confident as them at our age then fair play... and dont forget there paying your wages...

Was in the Pavillion in Swords today and really noticed some very nice ladies floating around- that I would never noticed before. Sort of like the Movie Scent of a Woman.

Its really amazing that a thread like this can put you in such a happy mood about life and wasnt looking in a lecherous way.

Isn't it obvious what he means?

kerry08 wrote: »
    i think its just jealousy of the young people of today if these woman want to dress this way why should it be any concern of yours or anyone else
    I'd agree with that. If anything more older women should dress this way if they feel confident about it. Some people get so jealous of these women it's unbelievable.

Actually, there's a married couple who are neighbours of mine, she's about 45 and he's in his early 50's, they're the nicest people you could meet.

The wife is average looking but she has a tendecy to dress the way you're describing, she got her boobs done about three years ago, hence her cleavage is on display.

Here's the thing, her husband loves her to bits and the fact that she dresses like this doesn't bother him one bit, the guy is proud of her. Here's a description of her: she's long dyed blonde hair-she usually tends to wear plunging v-neck leopardskin tops and tight jeans with stilletto heels and an ankle chain.

...i've meet them both on many occasions, and he loves the way she looks and she's very confident. Embarrasingly, there's been times that i've met her up the centre and ended up talking to her clevage, i'm pretty sure she realises it and it doesn't bother her in the slightest, more power to her.

But Dave, what if your girlfriend/wife/date was with you when you met this cleavage-bearing jezebel? :rolleyes: ;)

But Dave, what if your girlfriend/wife/date was with you when you met this cleavage-bearing jezebel? :rolleyes: ;)

Dave fancies her:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

If I have the figure when I hit 40/50, I'd be proud of it also, different strokes for different folks.

I was thinking about this thread this weekend and out of interest I took a bit more notice of what was going on around me.

I'm early 40's, not ashamed of the way I look (brave enough to show my face in the 'Ladies of the Ladies Lounge thread :D) and don't dress like the OP's post but do wear very tight skirts, wide belts, tight tops etc...a la 40's secretary type lady! I have a bum and boobs and a flat stomach and think I can get away with it.

Anyway, not sure if it was the sun or people reading this thread but I was more aware of men smiling and looking at the weekend and it made me laugh! The power of a good cleavage and a cheeky grin is a wonderful thing!!!

I didn't notice any girls looking though so maybe I need shorter skirts or more animal print in my wardrobe ;)

I was thinking about this thread this weekend and out of interest I took a bit more notice of what was going on around me.

I'm early 40's, not ashamed of the way I look (brave enough to show my face in the 'Ladies of the Ladies Lounge thread :D) and don't dress like the OP's post but do wear very tight skirts, wide belts, tight tops etc...a la 40's secretary type lady! I have a bum and boobs and a flat stomach and think I can get away with it.

Anyway, not sure if it was the sun or people reading this thread but I was more aware of men smiling and looking at the weekend and it made me laugh! The power of a good cleavage and a cheeky grin is a wonderful thing!!!

I didn't notice any girls looking though so maybe I need shorter skirts or more animal print in my wardrobe ;)
    ...and if i saw you dressing that way i'd definitely look. A lady like you, in her 40's, wearing a tight skirt, wide belt, tight top...with a decent arse and cleavage...i'd probably be drooling!;)

This is the point i'm making, the majority of hetrosexual men, will always look at a good-looking/sexy older or younger woman who dresses like that.

You've just admitted that you realised that men were having a look at you, as i've previously said i don't think that women are that aware of how much a guy will try to engineer a look at the boobs and/or backside.

Happens all the time. Some women are probably thinking about what shop to go to next, while at the same time four blokes check her out before she walks into the shop!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 THFC1

Dave5 wrote: »
    i don't think that women are that aware of how much a guy will try to engineer a look at the boobs and/or backside.

Happens all the time. ;)
    As a woman, most men are always trying to engineer a look at boobs or backsides, if a older or younger girl happens to be brave enough to wear an skimpy outfit.

Also, i agree with you that most women don't realise half the time, that men are looking, they're thinking about other things while most guys are checking out their clevage or backside.:rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with that, tis natural - once they're subtle about it though; blatant ogling is just obnoxious.

Nothing wrong with that, tis natural - once they're subtle about it though; blatant ogling is just obnoxious.

guys have to be subtle when a woman comes up to you with her boobs hanging out .....if I go for an early morning coffee in Butlers Im normally too sleepy to look away:D

You're missing the point, most guys are always going to blantantly ogle women who dress sexy, in the first place.

I'd love to know how many women on boards.ie, would say that they dress sexily?...and have they noticed a guy trying to engineer a look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Loose Lips

Quality wrote: »
    A friend of mine is 37 and she is a granny!!!

We call her the GILF!! She is gorgeous though!!!

Anyone see the programme about Britain's youngest grannies on Channel 4 last night?

I have been called a GILF too. I am 42 and have been a granny since I was 38. My daughters are 24 and 21 and all three of us go out on the town at least once a month, and we all hoover up the men, let me tell you!!

I dress in a way that makes me feel attractive and confident and that gets plenty of compliments from much younger guys, who can never believe that I am a grandmother. And I feel great when I go out - and sometimes don't come home until the next day!!!

Maybe someone thinks I show off too much skin, or that I shouldn't wear a thong or whatever, but life's too short I say! I'll probably be a great-grandmother before I'm 60 and I'll be showing off whatever I've still got at that age too!

GILF Power. Hahahahaha!

Firstly, i don't currently have a girlfriend and i'm not married, so i don't feel guilty when i meet my 'clevage -bearing jezebel' female neighbour.:D

As i've said, i've ran into her plenty of times up the shopping centre, and i'm always delighted to meet her as she's such a genuine lady with a great personality....

...do i think she flirts with me? Absolutely. As i've said, i've had some downright terrible days at work, i've gone up to the centre and i've ran into her, she perks me up and puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day. She's about 5'6' and i'm 6'1, so as a hetrosexual male, it's virtually impossible to keeping looking at the face...and as i've said i've ended up sub-conciously talking to her boobs.

....does she realise i'm checking out her tits? Absolutely, in fact she kind of puffs out her chest when i meet her. Now, i'm not by any means a pervert..but she's a good friend who doesn't mind me having a look, and she knows damn well that i do check her out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

They are comfortable in their own skin (which unfortunately a lot of the time this comes with age)- leave them off imo..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement