Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laptop to amp noise....ground loop/hum

• 12-09-2008 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

using a laptop t an amp....any ideas about how to get rid of the horrible noise??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

i hope your running the sound out of your laptop using a soundcard
    if its a pc laptop the inbuilt soundcard arent really good enough to use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ferrites on the power supply cable
    Ferrites on the audio cable
    Higher quality / screened cables.
    External sound card (I recommend Echo highly for this)
    If you've got monster battery life, unplug the power supply...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 davidococ

what are Ferrites???

when i put the laptop plug through a EU adaptor, and put that through an irish adaptor and then into the mains plug, there is no hum, its perfect...........all this just takes the earth from being used, and then it sounds perfect...also...there is a little metal thing at the back of the cd mixer, which says "grnd"...i presume i have to earth his, but this is dangerous, if i did this would it solve the problem??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 davidococ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

hang on i though you were going out of your laptop to an amp.
    whats this about a cd mixer.if your using turntables(vinyl) you have to ground the deck.but im confused now because you didnt give out all the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrite_bead

You can get them in Maplin or CQ Communications in Dublin although I would never, ever recommend shopping at CQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Just un-earth the plugboard that you plug the ac adaptor into but dont plug anything else into it

Advertisement