Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to pick a Studio to Record in?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

dav nagle wrote: »
    Congrats to 'The Blizzards' fantastic band and fantastic achievement...
    All is fair in love and war! I hold nothing against no band, fair play I say! Rock n roll take it all and give them folk a god damn soul!!!

look i don't have a sup o' milk fur de babby, so will you please leave me alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

jtsuited wrote: »
    look i don't have a sup o' milk fur de babby, so will you please leave me alone.

Have ya not got a hot head yourself? From one knacker to another?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

You know.....the........duvet.........................ceanns......or the........teacloth..........scalps.........

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    I've just been noticing the Google Ads on top of Boards here. If they're to believed then Ireland is full of 'Professional' studios.

So, how do YOU pick a studio?

Is it -

1. Google Ad or advertising in general.

2. Word of mouth recommendation

3. Seeing the studio's Webpage/Myspace

4. Being local

5. Being cheap

6. The Studio's association with success

7. Just like what you've heard from it i.e. Sound Quality

What other factors are important?

Yellow pages!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

i know this is gonna sound real cliched but I'd say the people/vibe are so so so important.

• Advertisement

i know this is gonna sound real cliched but I'd say the people/vibe are so so so important.

Man 100%

+1

You could have the biggest baddest meanest studio run by people who couldn't click with the players and its all down hill. I am talking about 'clicking' none of this pretending to laugh and throwing cheap gags around the place like a cheap benny hill production..

I am talking about 'clicking' none of this pretending to laugh and throwing cheap gags around the place like a cheap benny hill production..
    yeah i really cannot stand insincerity like that. I know that I'm brutally honest with people who I'm working with. And they know that even though I made them do the harmony line 346 times, I did it for their benefit.

I wish people kept a more realistic head on in the studio rather than being filled by this strange enthusiasm that you just know isn't genuine.

edit: and I do a mean traveller impression. pretty much the only accent/impression thing i've ever been able to do. that always gets a good laugh after the drummer throws something at the bass player (normally the guitarist).

yeah i really cannot stand insincerity like that. I know that I'm brutally honest with people who I'm working with. And they know that even though I made them do the harmony line 346 times, I did it for their benefit.

I wish people kept a more realistic head on in the studio rather than being filled by this strange enthusiasm that you just know isn't genuine.

A personality can be tailored for any occasion and thats where the problem is.. People trying to keep ahead of themselves, look cool, act cool, talk cool... So many variables its such a massive discussion in itself.. Get Freud over here!

A personality can be tailored for any occasion and thats where the problem is.. People trying to keep ahead of themselves, look cool, act cool, talk cool... So many variables its such a massive discussion in itself.. Get Freud over here!

interestingly, it was the other godfather of psychobabble Carl Jung that identified that even though people may act cool, nice, etc. , others always know their real intentions.

You then get into issues of how strong the person thinks they are versus how strong they actually are and how that relates to how much they 'act'.

personally, I like genuinely confident people, that feel they don't have to bull**** to be accepted and liked. In fact I love those people who genuinely come across as they don't give a sh1t about what people think. They tend to be nice people. Genuinely nice.

Or somethin.

interestingly, it was the other godfather of psychobabble Carl Jung that identified that even though people may act cool, nice, etc. , others always know their real intentions.

You then get into issues of how strong the person thinks they are versus how strong they actually are and how that relates to how much they 'act'.

personally, I like genuinely confident people, that feel they don't have to bull**** to be accepted and liked. In fact I love those people who genuinely come across as they don't give a sh1t about what people think. They tend to be nice people. Genuinely nice.

Or somethin.

Yes I like those people too. But again its a complex issue and often when we meet people they hold back just to figure out if you are worth allowing into their precious lives on a full time basis, a mating ritual of a non sexual sort. People with a genuine sense of confidence are most welcome into my life. People who are sloppy are not... funny isn't it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement