Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband can't be serious

Options
  • 12-09-2008 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

I noticed IB just got bought by Imagine.ie, the internet provider that started quiet recently in Ireland (Correct me if I am wrong) and that used to have crapy offers, such as 512Kb for 9.99 a month like 2-3 years ago.

For me it is the sign that IB was either going not that great or that this Imagine.ie company got some serious funding recently and wanted to expand a bit, which is fair enough.
    IB used to be a solid internet access provider, including cash reserves.

Plu IB has not changed their offer since at least 2 years, that is pretty bad knowing that everybody else in Ireland does.

Anyway since I have been running into some serious issues with IB in D15 for the last 2-3 months, for instance I can't access my cPanel and Webmail using HTTPS with them, I am wondernig if they have not merged the network infrastrucutre and consequently we are running into crap issues.

For me I am almost 100% that IB is now using a proxy server that does not support SSL on any other port than 443.

I wrote to them 3 weeks ago by email, no answer.
    I called them yesterday, it is almost impossible to hear what the guy is talking about since it is extremelly noizy. you hear people laughing and chating in the background, some serious bangs, furnitures moving etc...I don't get it.

Anyway the technician asked me to perform pings and tracert tot he sites in question that I can't access anymore.
    Pretty irrelevant since I have no problem accessing those sites in HTTP.

I asked a friend to test with his NTL connection, same issue he is having with them too.

Do NTL uses a proxy server too?

They can't be serious we ain't in Dubai here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Search for the cpanel issue. Couple of users reporting the same issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Search this forum for the cpanel issue. Couple of users reporting the same issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭CaraFawn

Yep I know a good bunch of us are affected.
    I pointed this out to IB they told me it was irrelevant :-)

Don't know where they do get their reps.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

As I said in your other thread. Irish Broadband do not have a proxy. They don't proxy or firewall anything.

daffy_duc wrote: »
    As I said in your other thread. Irish Broadband do not have a proxy. They don't proxy or firewall anything.

Ok cPanel working again since the last 2 days
    Whatever they have in place is no longer here and I have no issue anymore.

Hopefully this will last :-)

Anyone else with IB that had issues with cPanel can confirm that too?

• Advertisement

CaraFawn wrote: »
    Ok cPanel working again since the last 2 days
    Whatever they have in place is no longer here and I have no issue anymore.

Hopefully this will last :-)

Anyone else with IB that had issues with cPanel can confirm that too?

They had nothing in place that would interfere with your traffic. There is nothing in place that would interfere with your http or https traffic. You're making wild assumptions, and placing blame on the wrong people.

They had nothing in place that would interfere with your traffic. There is nothing in place that would interfere with your http or https traffic. You're making wild assumptions, and placing blame on the wrong people.

I am not making assumptions. My issues, along with other people on this board, were based on fact.

As a matter of fact we had great difficulties accessing ports 2096, 2083, ... and connections just timed out most of the time.

Irish Broadband must have done something since it was not working for like 2 months, and suddenly after some whining on Boards.ie, some emails and phone calls it works again. Well let's hope so your Proxy server is not down for maintenance...

CaraFawn wrote: »
    I am not making assumptions. My issues, along with other people on this board, were based on fact.

As a matter of fact we had great difficulties accessing ports 2096, 2083, ... and connections just timed out most of the time.

Irish Broadband must have done something since it was not working for like 2 months, and suddenly after some whining on Boards.ie, some emails and phone calls it works again. Well let's hope so your Proxy server is not down for maintenance...

Again. Irishbroadband do not have a proxy server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Been using Cpanel perfectly fine for years with 2 of my hosting providers and not a single problem at all, ever.
    I'm with IBB, on Breeze fixed wireless. Hosting providers all in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I have no problems access Cpanel either on my IBB DSL connection and its connecting into an IBB FWA connection. What testing have you done with IBB to try to resolve this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 skii29

What's the Irish broadband wireless service like? I can't get eircom broadband in my area so Irish broadband wireless is the only option. Is it anygood?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

skii29 wrote: »
    What's the Irish broadband wireless service like? I can't get eircom broadband in my area so Irish broadband wireless is the only option. Is it anygood?

Yeah it's grand. The fixed breeze wireless that is. Don't bother with the ripwave, it's practically useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 skii29

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Yeah it's grand. The fixed breeze wireless that is. Don't bother with the ripwave, it's practically useless.

Ok that's great! thanks for replying... I will order the fixed breeze
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Can't say I have the first clue what this is all about but last week I got a flash message fro IBB that closed what I was doing to tell me about a new monthly usage cap and I could continue web browsing in xx seconds....is that not interfering with traffic??:cool:

dogpile wrote: »
    Can't say I have the first clue what this is all about but last week I got a flash message fro IBB that closed what I was doing to tell me about a new monthly usage cap and I could continue web browsing in xx seconds....is that not interfering with traffic??:cool:

I think thats only for Ripwave. It seems that they're able to set a flag on certain modems, so that next time it authenticates it will get redirected to an announcement page.
    Once thats done, you go back to working normally, without a proxy/filter/whatever

Advertisement