Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sage Line 50 Question

• 12-09-2008 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I am wondering can anyone tell me how to set up a new Control Account in Sage Line 50? Been looking through it for ages and can't find anything. Looking to set up a HP interest suspense account mirrored from the 9998 Suspense Account (can't use this as I am using it specifically for another purpose at the moment). Or if anyone has an easier way I'm all ears! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 sawilson2003

Go to settings - Configuration - Chart of Accounts

Select the area you want to put the code in - and expand the chart of accounts tree (+ sign) Probably - 'Current Liabilities' ' Short Term'

Click Nominal Code button on right.

There is a 'Control Account' Checkbox there you can tick.

Think that should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

Sage 50 (Line 50) has set default control codes for Vat/P&L Account etc. You would normally only change these if you are setting up your own list of nominal codes. If you just want to set up new Account in Nominal listing called Lease control account go to Nominal Ledger click on record enter code you want to use eg 2340 type in name and click save. You will need to change the chart of accounts probably as well.

Advertisement