Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Questions before driving test

Options
  • 12-09-2008 10:24pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Before sitting the practical part of the driving test the examiner asks the applicant to identify certain road signs and asks questions about the rules of the road and so on. I know there are lists of them about and everyone should be familiar with the rules of the road before sitting the test, but I just wondered if any people here remembered a question or two they were asked; especially if it was a tricky one, something you hadn't covered or had forgotten because your mind went blank.
    Failure to answer 3 questions (including identifying road signs, hand signals..) is a grade 2 fault so I just thought I'd see what people are being asked these days.. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

When to use dipped lights....

When can you overtake on the left..........

Where is it illegal to park..........

These are nearly always asked (with a few others).

The 'clearway' sign is also frequently presented for identification.

There are a few threads on the same subject. Do a search!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah, I've found a few threads on the ROTR; I'm just wondering what people who've done their test lately (you know, last couple of years or thereabouts) were asked as a general curiosity, especially if there's anything that stumped someone who hadn't read up on them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I recall reading here that a few people have got stumped with the 'Hospital' sign (white letter 'H' on a blue background).

Advertisement