Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian comedian faces "Fascist" prosecution for mocking the Pope

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

MrPudding wrote: »
    Note quite a teeny thing. The moral matters are one thing. Effectively sentencing people to death by telling them they are not allowed to use condoms is something else. And I am sorry but I make no distinction between doctrine, papal infallibility or the man himself. As far as I am concerned the whole thing is bullsh1t, there is no god, therefore there is no papal infallibility. Therefore all you are left with is a silly little man making statements that marginalise people because of their sexual preference and kill people because they are told it is wrong to protect themselves.

Wow, I am really amazed. You have read Nietzsche, you are my hero. I bow down before you ninja reading skills.

MrP

Mr P

I just wondered what anti- catholic stuff you needed to keep your life going. Even Mick Jagger says he has a catholic view on marriage and only married once.

I take your point on condoms -it also teaches that having unprotected sex with virgins doesnt cure aids. Even charities in Africa think the churches teachings and programs are by and large correct and it(the cathoilc church) doesnt interfere with their(the charities) or the UNs work. Its a lifestyle doctrine more than a set of rules these days. Even the Pope doubts the accuracy of the numbers of catholics worldwide saying they are catholic for different reasons - like "taking the soup" but that doesnt detract from the charitable goals.

Glad to see you wish no harm on the Pope himself.

Thank God you are not religous - would hate to get in religous discussions with you. You are a lot more clear thinking than Dawkins. If he told me it was raining I would have to go outside and check

Your comments on my powers of reading behoves you. I am widely read it is true.Ya have to keep up to date ya never know when ya might need material for a book burning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

CDfm wrote: »
    Mr P

I just wondered what anti- catholic stuff you needed to keep your life going. Even Mick Jagger says he has a catholic view on marriage and only married once.
    Do you mean what aspects of the catholic I would not be able to follow to continue to live the way I do?
    I take your point on condoms -it also teaches that having unprotected sex with virgins doesnt cure aids. Even charities in Africa think the churches teachings and programs are by and large correct and it(the cathoilc church) doesnt interfere with their(the charities) or the UNs work.
    What an organisation says publically and what they think privately can often be very different. I have absolutely no information to suggest charities do not think that the teachings are by and large correct, but when you think that they are in the business of trying to save lives they can’t be too happy that one of the main organisations supposedly helping the people is in fact sentencing people to death.
    Its a lifestyle doctrine more than a set of rules these days. Even the Pope doubts the accuracy of the numbers of catholics worldwide saying they are catholic for different reasons - like "taking the soup" but that doesnt detract from the charitable goals.
    Still effectively kills people though.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

This thread was more fun when there was pope-rape talk an air of friendly jesting about it.

Makes me glad to live in a country where I can publicly call for the pope's (or our head of state's) sodomisation without being prosecuted. Apparently you can't joke about it without offending people though. God Bless Free Speech.

And Bill Hicks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Within twenty years the Pope will be where he ought to be, in Hell, tormented by great big poofter devils — and very active ones, not passive ones
    Good opportunity to turn the other cheek all the same.

Do you mean what aspects of the catholic I would not be able to follow to continue to live the way I do?

What an organisation says publically and what they think privately can often be very different.

Still effectively kills people though.

MrP

Yada Yada Yada Mr P - yer beef is not with the catholic church after all then.

Its probably with the UN,Bono and Sir Bob and the leaders of a whole host of African countries.

Personally I blame Bono for not tackling it with the Pope at the time.I guess the conversation went

"Roight yer Holiness Bob n me - want to hold a Condoms for Africa gig" Mumble mumble whisper.
    "Bono - what did he effin say"
    " Bob -he didnt say no- but will get back to us if MK Dons win the premier league"

So should those 2 get sodomised as well and can you provide a list of african leaders to share a cell in a US Jail with a big 300 pound undersexed
    dude called Bubba.:confused:

• Advertisement

This thread was more fun when there was pope-rape talk an air of friendly jesting about it.

Makes me glad to live in a country where I can publicly call for the pope's (or our head of state's) sodomisation without being prosecuted. Apparently you can't joke about it without offending people though. God Bless Free Speech.

And Bill Hicks.

Dunno about that there is one person you wouldnt mess with

some call him the Che Guevara of the Shannon others the reincarnation of Fionn McCool but he really is the Invisible Man possessing super powers and who is invisble to cameras

And he is Irish

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0919/breaking71.htm

Yada Yada Yada Mr P - yer beef is not with the catholic church after all then.

Its probably with the UN,Bono and Sir Bob and the leaders of a whole host of African countries.

Personally I blame Bono for not tackling it with the Pope at the time.I guess the conversation went

"Roight yer Holiness Bob n me - want to hold a Condoms for Africa gig" Mumble mumble whisper.
    "Bono - what did he effin say"
    " Bob -he didnt say no- but will get back to us if MK Dons win the premier league"

So should those 2 get sodomised as well and can you provide a list of african leaders to share a cell in a US Jail with a big 300 pound undersexed
    dude called Bubba.:confused:

Maybe I'm loosing the plot, or not reading everything carefully, but is it just me or is CDfm making less and less sense?

Here's an oldie....

A man dies and goes to heaven. St. Peter gives him the tour. They go past the library of heavenly enlightenment, a group of people playing foot ball, and soon come to a man sitting in chair, legs crossed, looking really aloof and disinterested and wearing really cool shades.

"Holy crap, is that Bono?" gasps the man.
    "No," replies St. Peter. "That's god. He just thinks he's Bono."

Chocolatesauce -you are a hell bound heretic thats all you are

Mention of raping Bono instead and you go all quiet

instead of Mr P attacking the Pope for not distributing condoms in Africa he wont attack anyone else whos job it actually is. Cheap shot picking on the Pope for that

Point out that others in public life like Willie O'Dea the Minister for Defence uses the courts to protect himself and you have no answer for that either.:eek:

instead of Mr P attacking the Pope for not distributing condoms in Africa he wont attack anyone else whos job it actually is. Cheap shot picking on the Pope for that
    Show me another person who has the job of beings god's representative on earth, is in control of a large religious organisation that carries out "humanitarian" work in Africa, but condemns thousands of the people he is supposed to help to death, and I will pick on that person as well.

Correct me if I am wrong, but in the good old catholic church it is god then the pope. No? If that is the case then the buck stops with him.
    Point out that others in public life like Willie O'Dea the Minister for Defence uses the courts to protect himself and you have no answer for that either.:eek:
    I don't particualry care about Willie O'Dea. He has little influence, when comapred to the pope and the crimes commited by him or his party are nothing compared to the crimes purpetrated by and covered up by members of the catholic church.

If there was actually a god, the catholic church would be an offense to him, and we know how he is supposed to feel about that. The fact that the catholic church is still in existence and hasn't been scourged from the earth by holy fire is actually, IMHO, evidence that he does not exist.

MrP

MrP

Correct me if I am wrong, but in the good old catholic church it is god then the pope. No? If that is the case then the buck stops with him.

I don't particualry care about Willie O'Dea. He has little influence, when comapred to the pope and the crimes commited

If there was actually a god, the catholic church would be an offense to him, and we know how he is supposed to feel about that. The fact that the catholic church is still in existence and hasn't been scourged from the earth by holy fire is actually, IMHO, evidence that he does not exist.

MrP

MrP

You were right the first time - Gods representative on Earth.

AS leaders go maybe Wiilie O'Dea is in a different class but he too is protected by the courts in Ireland and as you pointed out elsewhere Dawkins site was banned for libel in Turkey. So everyone has the right to be protected by the courts but in your world the Pope doesnt. Thats not very fair.

But there are plenty others who can fill the condom gap - yourself included if ya feel so strongly about it.So why dont ya???

On an aside Durex was originally a brand name for rubber gloves made by the London Rubber Company.Maybe send some rubber gloves too.

There are plenty of others Kofi Annan included you could cite but it wouldnt be politically correct. Maybe you should sign yerself Mr PC from now on.

You should also get over your God hang-up or are you next planning to target the Amish for their inconsistent approach on technology or dress sense.

• Advertisement

You were right the first time - Gods representative on Earth.

AS leaders go maybe Wiilie O'Dea is in a different class but he too is protected by the courts in Ireland and as you pointed out elsewhere Dawkins site was banned for libel in Turkey. So everyone has the right to be protected by the courts but in your world the Pope doesnt. Thats not very fair.

But there are plenty others who can fill the condom gap - yourself included if ya feel so strongly about it.So why dont ya???

On an aside Durex was originally a brand name for rubber gloves made by the London Rubber Company.Maybe send some rubber gloves too.

There are plenty of others Kofi Annan included you could cite but it wouldnt be politically correct. Maybe you should sign yerself Mr PC from now on.

You should also get over your God hang-up or are you next planning to target the Amish for their inconsistent approach on technology or dress sense.

Are you suggesting we send rubber gloves to combat AIDS?

Mr P is the self appointed expert on aids.

And he still hasnt answered anything about filling the condom gap -makes me think he is not interested or his feelings on the matter arent as strong as he makes out.

You like to give the impression you are intelligent, so I can only assume that you are intentionally missing the point here.

There are plenty of other groups that "fill the condom gap," this is true. Do this is not really relevant to my point. My point is, not only does the glorious church not supply condoms, but it also makes it very clear that their use is wrong. So, even though there are alternative sources of live saving condoms available, it is not really an option for our newly brainwashed third world people because they believe they are damned to hell, or some other nonsense, for using them.

So perhaps it might salve your conscience to think that they have an alternative source of condoms, but they really don't. The despicable leader of your despicable church has made sure of that. Actually, the more I discuss this subject the more I think a good demonic ass raping is too good for him.

MrP

Also CDfm, I detect no god hang up here from anyone. I don't blame god for anything that ever happened. The hang up is with the temporal powers that claim to represent god.

Also CDfm, I detect no god hang up here from anyone. I don't blame god for anything that ever happened. The hang up is with the temporal powers that claim to represent god.
    Exactly. Do you blame santa if you don't get what you want at christmas?

MrP

You like to give the impression you are intelligent, so I can only assume that you are intentionally missing the point here.

There are plenty of other groups that "fill the condom gap," this is true. Do this is not really relevant to my point. My point is, not only does the glorious church not supply condoms, but it also makes it very clear that their use is wrong. So, even though there are alternative sources of live saving condoms available, it is not really an option for our newly brainwashed third world people because they believe they are damned to hell, or some other nonsense, for using them.

So perhaps it might salve your conscience to think that they have an alternative source of condoms, but they really don't. The despicable leader of your despicable church has made sure of that. Actually, the more I discuss this subject the more I think a good demonic ass raping is too good for him.

MrP

I dont give any impression- I just say it like it is- if some Christians like to turn the other cheek thats their business. Im more of a "kick the moneylenders from the temple guy"myself.But if you like to think of me as intelligent feel free.

What gets me with all you guys supporting Sabba Guzzanti is you all have this anal sex fixation concerning the Pope. Is it his clothes - cos when I suggested Bono, Sir Bob or even Kofi Annan as alternatives everyone goes quiet- or it may be the celibacy thing. I will let that one go:rolleyes:

I think you are going way off topic here with your condom rant -there is nothing I have read that says the demons are wearing condoms.

You have to think other than the seditious nature of the content of her act -which most right minded people would think- that it is also sinister.Its more than juvenile humour. A bit more sophisticatted than pee pee ,willie and knickers behind the bike shed.But sinister and dark nonetheless-with Satanic overtones. Very much the triumph of Satan over God and the Apocalypse and all that. Very malevolent and blasphemous at a religious level.

I have also found it tres amusing to see the curious juxtaposition of fascist laws. I imagine her audience was gay. But was it Mardi Gras style with buttock revealing leather gear hip thrusting bunch or what or a very
    thirties bauhaus theme party. So Im having difficulty placing this in context of a caberet act or mass rally. Am I stereotyping her audience too much?

So I have difficulty in putting it in context -is it an art piece and is prosecution part of the performance , is it a protest or is it a cheap and nasty sex show.

I dont give any impression- I just say it like it is- if some Christians like to turn the other cheek thats their business. Im more of a "kick the moneylenders from the temple guy"myself.But if you like to think of me as intelligent feel free.

What gets me with all you guys supporting Sabba Guzzanti is you all have this anal sex fixation concerning the Pope. Is it his clothes - cos when I suggested Bono, Sir Bob or even Kofi Annan as alternatives everyone goes quiet- or it may be the celibacy thing. I will let that one go:rolleyes:

Bono and Bob are worthy of my joke, and Kofi Annan isn't perfect, but they are not condemning people to a slow and hideous death based on unprovable ideas. That's why the pope gets our hostility.
    You have to think other than the seditious nature of the content of her act -which most right minded people would think- that it is also sinister.Its more than juvenile humour. A bit more sophisticatted than pee pee ,willie and knickers behind the bike shed.But sinister and dark nonetheless-with Satanic overtones.

Hail satan!
    I have also found it tres amusing to see the curious juxtaposition of fascist laws. I imagine her audience was gay. But was it Mardi Gras style with buttock revealing leather gear hip thrusting bunch or what or a very thirties bauhaus theme party. So Im having difficulty placing this in context of a caberet act or mass rally.

So I have difficulty in putting it in context -is it an art piece and is prosecution part of the performance , is it a protest or is it a cheap and nasty sex show.

Does it matter? What she said still stands, as does the reaction she received.

Exactly. Do you blame santa if you don't get what you want at christmas?

MrP

I suppose you want a Santa rape toy for Christmas

Hail satan!

Does it matter? What she said still stands, as does the reaction she received.

You are finally displaying your true colours.

Its not about free speech at all.

You are finally displaying your true colours.

Its not about free speech at all.

Yes, that must it. I'm actually a satanist who is using secular humanism and classical liberalism as my facade.

I'd pay money for a santa rape toy. I can think of loads of people who'd find it highly amusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

But sinister and dark nonetheless-with Satanic overtones. Very much the triumph of Satan over God and the Apocalypse and all that. Very malevolent and blasphemous at a religious level.

Ahahaha, you're awesome. Stick around.

Bono and Bob are worthy of my joke, and Kofi Annan isn't perfect, but they are not condemning people to a slow and hideous death based on unprovable ideas. That's why the pope gets our hostility

You are very 1960s

I saw the Austin Powers movie too -but its a comedy not a lifestyle show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

You are very 1960s

Funny, I thought the same thing when I read the bible.

Mena wrote: »
    Funny, I thought the same thing when I read the bible.
    LOL -touche

You are very 1960s

My mother was a hippy in San Francisco in the 60's.....

My mother was a hippy in San Francisco in the 60's.....

really - my brother lives just outside - nice place:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I saw a comedian who refered to rubber gloves as a 5-pack.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I saw a comedian who refered to rubber gloves as a 5-pack.

Now now - dont be crude if ya want to post like that go to the Ladies Lounge
    :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Jeez a bit of sunshine and everyone gets frisky here!

Back in your boxes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Now now - dont be crude if ya want to post like that go to the Ladies Lounge
    :p

Somehow I doubt they'd appreciate that.

Advertisement