Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Venue, Newbridge

Options
  • 12-09-2008 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever been?

Does it have a bar, decks etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Has a big long bar should have more bar staff tho.

Was in there Friday night for the first Alternative/Metal night with two local lads on decks. Music was good a bit like old Nijinskys only a bit heavier. I should take off if word gets around and it should happen monthly.

Saturday is usually Ravey Gravy Davey and there is usually murder afterwards.

They are intermittantly getting bands in there, they should have DJ's on the Fri and bands on the Sat.

Most people still think its a polish bar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Old Nijinskis? Saturday Night Nijinskis? Good memories. Didn't someone put on like a revival night there a few years ago in Newbridge.

I used to have lunch with DJ Fergie "Saturday Night" Pearson, true story. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Thanks for that

Wonder would they be on for someone playing soul, jazz, psych and freakbeat?

Did you get a chance to see if the DJs were spinning vinyl, CDs or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Of course Saturday Night NJ's anything else was poo.
    Fergie is a true gent alright.

The lads were behind a desk so didnt see what they were using. I think there is a mobile number on the window of the pub so maybe give them a ring if you are interested in setting a night up.

Advertisement