Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time do the campus gates close at?

• 13-09-2008 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hey , I'm staying in the accommodation on the south campus tomorrow night and was wondering what time the gates close at ? We're going up to look at a house and we're planning on going out too but we don't want to get locked out and left homeless, cold and drunk!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I think the south campus gates are closed at 10 for cars, but you're still able to walk in...

You could just walk over the bridge anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 broadwaybaby

Doesn't the bridge close at around midnight though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

yeah bridge does close. Round 10 if i remember.

Best to ask at the reception

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Security will be around as well, just you might have to wait awhile. If the gates do happen to be closed on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, I can remember last year I was on south campus til 1AM with Drama soc. security seem to stay at the main gates pretty much all night, so I'm sure you'll be allowed to leave and re-enter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I also worked with the Drama Soc overnight plenty of times over the last few years. Generally the gates close 11/12 o clock. Security are there all night apart from between 2-3 when they are doing their rounds of the campus. If they aren't there you can ring them and they will let you in. They generally are legends and will just laugh at you staggering out the gates at 5/6 in the morning cross eyed from set building/lighting/rehearsing all night! LOL Oh and the gate at the bridge closes when the library closes. Generally between 10-1030 though you can be lucky if security have been delayed anywhere.
    PS The time they are gone may have changed but there is definitely an hour or so when they are not at the gate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

On another note, does the Arts block ever close?

Good question! I was there last Christmas Eve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭waghag

I remember last year a friend was staying there for a night and we came back from Dubin at about half 2 and there was no security there to let her in so she just crashed on my couch. Are they actually there all night or do they finish at 2? I never did find out after that even though I probably should have.lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

They are definitely on campus all night but they do the rounds of campus during the night so you have to buzz them back to the gate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Rozabeez wrote: »
    On another note, does the Arts block ever close?

I've walked through it after 11 PM, so wondering does it close at midnight. The PCs switch off at 10, so the only functioning room is the Reading Room.....and there were people actually reading in there.

I know if you're student card allows it, you can go into Callan up until 12 Midnight. But I'd imagine you'd wanna be a Bio/CS student for any facilities in there.

I was wheeled through the Arts building (on an office chair) wearing gigantic headphones the night of a Bar Ex, towards the end of the night once. Shouting, "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" and ending up terrified when some guy dressed as Super Mario walked down a corridor towards us.

Did he jump on your head, while high on mushrooms?

He did indeed, penguiy. He did indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 i-confuse

As far as is know the bridge gates do close at around 10. the security guards are there all night, including at like 5 in the morning when i've been trying to get in to south campus! the things ppl do in college lol

Advertisement