Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilroys college - Leaving Cert Irish course??

• 13-09-2008 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

Has anyone done the distance learning honours Irish course from Kilroys college in Dublin? Its much cheaper than the Institute couse but doesn't seem to prepare you for the oral. Would anyone recommend doing this course and getting grinds for the oral? Any suggestions? Am stressing big time about finding a course and 1200e is out of my budget right now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Please please please AVOID at ALL costs!

I've written about this too many times before to go into it all again, but just to say:- they take your money & then don't give a **** about you.

Their notes are absolute rubbish, they slate your assignments & give you NO feedback as to how to improve.

Absolute rubbish & I've heard a few others who've said the same.

Crumlin college & & St Plunkett college in Dublin run courses that are very good & very cheap. Look into these instead & save yourself an awful lot of stress.

I had to pack in the Kilroy course as it was doing absolutely nothing. Forked out another €800 for another course (I hadn't the choice of the above classes) & eventually got a B2.
    So, I wasn't hopeless at Irish, just Kilroys college is hopeless.

Hope I've made up your mind!!
    Those classes will be starting soon though, so get your skates on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kellyt25

id say go for plunketts, iv heard only good things about it!! im doing irish there this year, i think there's 3 classes but they're nearly full so enroll as soon as possible!!

Advertisement