Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New meal in the four lights.

Options
  • 13-09-2008 12:31am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone else see the new meal (not sure how new it is exactly) in the four lights called the recession special. Gave me a laugh when I seen it the other day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Is that the steak one? We had it, pretty good we thought

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

lol

recession specials

credit crunch sales

Something tells me people aren't taking this very seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

Xiney wrote: »
    lol

recession specials

credit crunch sales

Something tells me people aren't taking this very seriously.

Recession... What recession? Has everyone forgotten the eighties or are you all too young to remember. Now THAT was a recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

any of you lot order a burger with no dressing only to get a burger with all the dressing and no meat, happaned to me before and i was not happy about it also gave me a curry cheese instead of a plain curry chip in the same order

Jabby wrote: »
    Recession... What recession? Has everyone forgotten the eighties or are you all too young to remember. Now THAT was a recession.

All I remember about the 80s is sesame street, velveeta cheese and finger paint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Pffft! Such a highly unimaginative name to give something. Nonsense.

Oh, and as regards the 80's, All I can say is THE HAIR!!! THE HAIR!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Jabby wrote: »

damn right , this is gonna be a walk in the park for anyone who grew up in the 70's/80's in the west

elshambo wrote: »
    damn right , this is gonna be a walk in the park for anyone who grew up in the 70's/80's in the west

Well, I didn't.

...I want my mommy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

This sounds unbelievable but in 1986-87 (I think),the real recession meals were distributed at the dole offices in the form of cans of meat from the ''EEC Beef Mountain''

When we are back dishing out this dog food ...then we can call it a recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

When growth of the economy becomes shrinkage, we have to call it a recession, but yeah, so far it's not nice, but it's not the eighties.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thank god it's nothing like the 80's were, I can't stand mullets.

Careful not to offend any Australians who might be browsing here. It's still de rigueur down there.:D

The staff at the cinema seem to be of the opinion that a mullet is an acceptable thing to have on one's head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Thought someone was taking the pi$$ here so didn't post a response, but low and behold I was in 4 Lanterns today and saw the sign for "The Recession Meal". WTF. Closed my eyes for a second and opened them again and still saw it. Then I looked around the restaurant and it was up everywhere. Amazing, and a little weird!!! What next I wonder?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What next I wonder?
    The unemployment burger, dole queue cola, emigration fries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Last time I was on the dole, they used to give out butter vouchers. In most shops, if you had 2 of them, you could swap them for a pack of fags. The theory was that it was by far a healthier option to give yourself cancer than fill your arteries full of fat.

In the 80s, a recession meal was a John Player Blue & a cup of tea. Steak was not even an option. :D

You have to hand it to the Four lanterns. When God shuts a door, he opens a till. Chi-Ching!:D

So it's not the credit crunch nor the collapse of thr construction industry that has to do with the recession.. it was God?!?!

Yes. Yes it was. He dallied with the idea of a plague of locusts, then went for biblical floods, but when he nearly drowned the entire country, he had a brainwave and started the recession instead. He's punishing Ireland for Westlife, greedy politicians and Fáilte Towers. Hard to blame him really.

Personally, I blame God for everything that goes wrong in my life.

So much simpler that way.

• Advertisement

Personally, I blame God for everything that goes wrong in my life.

So much simpler that way.

And you plan to smite him how, exactly? That's the problem:confused::D

hehe

in other news, I have joined the ranks of the gainfully employed in record time! w00t!

(recession? What recession? I interview damn well)

hehe

in other news, I have joined the ranks of the gainfully employed in record time! w00t!

(recession? What recession? I interview damn well)

Fair play! I'm jobless at the moment, so burgers in town are out of the question. Damn you God - if you hadn't made me so damn good looking, I might have considered becoming Muslim. :)

sorry to hear that man. Being jobless sucks, but when everyone keeps on harping on about the economy it was bumming me out :(

sorry to hear that man. Being jobless sucks, but when everyone keeps on harping on about the economy it was bumming me out :(

Buy me a burger & we'll call it quits! :D

haha, yes, next time I'm in Sligo I'll buy ya a burger.

(better than giving you money to spend on booze :D )

Sound. I'll bring my own booze! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Seeing as your offering,you may as well buy me a burger too:rolleyes:

pfft!

everyone knows you're employed :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

But you're probably in a better paid job...actually you're definitely in a better paid job so I say buy me a burger,I will pay for my own portion of sauce though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement