Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

need help!!!

Options
  • 13-09-2008 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

anyone who knows anything about FIATs, i had to push start my car this evening, but all the way home an orange key light with "code" writen underneath it was on on my dash!!!

Just wondering does anyone know if that means that i need to get my key code reset of whats the story!!!

User manual wasnt with the car when i bought it so i cant check that!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's ok. it's just because you push started it. It should go out the next time the car is started.

If you had turned the key to the "off" then to the "on" position before each push attempt, I'm pretty sure the light wouldn't have come on.

Doesn't make any odds. I often had the CODE light come on, car still went ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭erinn

Ok grand thanks, i was afraid to resart the car incase i had the same problem, first time it happened i had someone to push, if it happened again i would have been trying to flag some one down! lol

push starting isn't great for the car, but to be honest I've done it a few times! be especially careful not to push start it in first, always 2nd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭erinn

colm_mcm wrote: »
    be especially careful not to push start it in first, always 2nd

i rang my dad to double check that one, i had a feeling it wasnt first so 2nd made most sense but it was just to be sure!!! lol

we were in the middle of no where and didnt want to drag anyone out to us so we had no choice, it was the first time, and hopefully the last!!!

erinn wrote: »
    it was the first time, and hopefully the last!!!

Cue all the FIAT jokes....

• Advertisement
Advertisement