Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Pubs in Ardmore

Options
  • 13-09-2008 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Heading to Ardmore next weekend next weekend on my stag and plan to head into Youghal on the Saturday after dinner in the Cliffhouse.

Wondering if there are any recommendations from the locals, as to where is good for an eclectic bunch which includes my dad on the Friday night

Paddy Macs is the only one mentioned online, but someone said there were a couple of other decent places worth paying a visit.

Is Whitehorses Restaurant worth checking out on the Friday evening? It seems slighty on the expensive side.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

do not go to Ardmore come to cahir co.tipp more fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Red Devil

Well the logistics of moving 23 lads from around the world mean you need to have a definitive destination and hotel is booked.

I didn't know the tipperary tourist board worked on a Saturday?;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

stags + cliffhouse??? didn't think those two words went together!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Paddy Macs would be the most popular - may even have music on the Friday night. Up the street, across the road from the Whitehorses is another nice, small, pub, but I can't remember the name.

Whitehorses is nice, but 23 lads would fill it so you might have problems booking it. On the expensive side? It's all subjective, but considering you're going to the Cliff House I would say it's reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 big mug of T

One alternative idea may be to head towards dungarvan rather than youghal on the saturday night (nothing wrong with youghal - just don't know much about it for nightlife other than a few hazy excursions to gigis in the late 80s)
    Generally good craic around the anchor and moorings (big covered beer garden with bar, heat, music etc) on the quay, creations nightclub if you need more, then chips from mousies on the way home.
    Between ardmore and dungarvan on the way in you could stop off in marine bar - generally good music session going on there.

enjoy!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

Dont go to Youghal-nothing to do there. Great pubs / nightlife in Dungarvan with lots of good places to eat and drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Red Devil

Thanks a million for all the info, decent folk one and all.

Heard lots of good things in relation to the Whitehorses and like you said it is all subjective. The Cliffhouse have been pretty decent in relation to a set menu at €62 for five courses pp, so that is the splashing out. Will let you know if it was good value.

Football organised for the Saturday in youghal, but tempted by Dungarvan now for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

What kind of football? Dungarvan Utd. have astroturf pitches for rent. If you give them a ring there might be something available for Saturday afternoon.

Advertisement