Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mysterio Mask in Dublin

• 13-09-2008 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Where can I get a Rey Mysterio mask in Dublin for a child? And how much is the going rate?

It's my godsons b-day next week and he's mad into him. I've seen the Umaga set in Tommy's, but apparantly they have no Mysterio's left there and won't be getting in any for weeks (until the Cena and Umaga stuff shift as they all come in one big box, I was told.)

Are there any other places that sell them? Size isn't really important. Or colour for that matter. Just something other than the Mysterio figureeen which is nearly down to a nub at this stage, it's been played wit that much! Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Where can I get a Rey Mysterio mask in Dublin for a child? And how much is the going rate?

Its my godsons b-day next week and he's mad into him. I've seen the Umaga set in Tommy's, but apparantly they have no Mysterio's left there and won't be getting in any for weeks (until the Cena and Umaga stuff shift as they all come in one big box, I was told.)

Are there any other places that sell them? Size isn't really important. Or colour for that matter. Just something other than the Mysterio figureeen which is nearly down to a nub at this stage, it's been played wit that much! Cheers!

Admit it, its for yourself.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

There's a wrestling shop in Artane Caslte,

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kelator

some market stalls do the generic mexican wrestling masks, not exact mysterio though. got 2 for a fiver on henry street at xmas. cue drunken back garden wrestling matches at 4 in the morning. neighbours must love us:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

theres also a wrestling shop on the top floor in stephens green S.C. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

J Bourke wrote: »
    theres also a wrestling shop on the top floor in stephens green S.C. :)

Yes, there is. Called Wrestling Mania, manned by good ol Niall and Mosh.

But prices are a bit... :confused:

I once seen a few rey masks in forbidden planet, pretty cheap too, i think 15 squid.

Oh and welcome J Bourke. ;)

• Advertisement

Depends how much you want to spend and what he'll use it for.

St. Stephens green shopping centre's "Wrestling Mania" sell 'Replica' masks. They're fantastic quality and excellent for display, but not something you'd give your kid if he was just gonna put it on and jump about in the back garden for 20 minutes before getting bored. I'd also recommend avoiding Wrestling Mania at all costs. The store is ridiculously priced.

Forbidden Planed have masks that would be greatly suited to the kid that wants to jump around in the garden. The masks, whilst i've never worn one or even held one to be honest, look like they're made out of a thinly padded cotton or something like that. I think they were €15 to €20 last time i was there, but that was a while ago.

If you're in no rush, you could get a balance between the two and buy a Kids replica. Its the same as the replica mask, but just made smaller for kids.

You can get a blue kids replica for just less than €40 (including shipping) off WrestlingWorld:

http://www.wrestlingworld.co.uk/index.asp?function=CART&mode=UPDATE&deliverymethod=5

(they had a cheaper orange one, but they seem to have sold out)

Wrestling world take about three working days to deliver anything though, so be careful if you plan to use them that you order early enough.

Best of luck with whatever you choose to do :)

Also, the Umaga set is called Role Play, and Argos stock them, so it might be worth your while to ring or visit Argos and ask if they have the Rey one. Its a nice set. Not great quality but it has pants, glove and mask (to the best of my knowledge), so its great for a kid to just play about in.

Pretty sure i saw them in forbiddon planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

i recently bought a mysterio mask off highspots.com for like 40$..

i'm sure theres cheaper as that was an adult size :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Thank you very much peoples. I'm heading to town tomorrow and if anyone cares I'll let ye know how I get on. Will be hitting Argos first. The whole suit thing would go down a storm. If not forbidden planet! Thanks again, people!

Thank you very much peoples. I'm heading to town tomorrow and if anyone cares I'll let ye know how I get on. Will be hitting Argos first. The whole suit thing would go down a storm. If not forbidden planet! Thanks again, people!

Well you can always try eBay for the Role Play set. But it might not be of much use, seen as the birthday is so close.

Please do let us know how you get along. Best of luck with it man :)

• Advertisement

Glad to help.

You came to the right place, ;) cos KKV posts here. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Yes, there is. Called Wrestling Mania, manned by good ol Niall and Mosh.

But prices are a bit... :confused:

I once seen a few rey masks in forbidden planet, pretty cheap too, i think 15 squid.

Oh and welcome J Bourke. ;)

Got my Summer Slam Anthology from Niall ,
    l got what l wanted and Niall got what he wanted so l
    don't see a problem.
    l suppose it depends on how much you want what he
    has.
    l really wanted that Anthology:o
    So l paid up.:D:p
    Which is partly why l am up now.
    Ladder Match HBK v Razor Ramon almost over so away with me.
    And Thanks to Niall in WrestlingMania.;)

don't see a problem.
    has.
    And Thanks to Niall in Wrestle Mania.;)

Do not get me wrong here, i am not saying there is wrong with WM or Niall.

But some prices are a bit looney when you look at some internet deals that you can get.

In saying all that, i would probably rather give them the business buy from there if it was only a few quid.
    Bought my replica belt off them nearly 2 years ago.

don't see a problem.
    has.
    And Thanks to Niall in Wrestle Mania.;)

Niall sells a replica belt for €320 that can be bought for less than €250 (and usually less than €200) online. Dude wanted €480 for the US Spinner, i got it off the net for €180. The store is a place where uninformed wrestling fans go. You'll be assured you're getting a great deal, and don't get me wrong, if you're unaware of the better deals, then you'll also be happy with your transaction. However, practically everything in the store can be gotten cheaper elsewhere, often significantly cheaper.

I gave up when he tried to convince me there was a difference between his figures and the ones that Smyths, etc. have because he gets the 'American' figures :rolleyes:

Like i say, the place is great for what it is, but when compared to the internet, its completely blown to bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Like i say, the place is great for what it is, but when compared to the internet, its completely blown to bits.

You could say that about Game, HMV, Zavvi, Gamestop, *insert any big name retailer here*.

Hell, i've even seen the 1 disc Rey Mysterio 619 DVD in HMV for €42 euro! Believe me, Niall ain't the worst!

Retail shops will always screw you by comparison to the internet. But not everyone has a credit card, and internet is no use to you if you want or need something at the last minute.

So enough already with the smear campaigns, after three or four years it's getting boring. People bitched when there was nowhere to go to get wrestling merch years ago!
    VR!

You could say that about Game, HMV, Zavvi, Gamestop, *insert any big name retailer here*.

Hell, i've even seen the 1 disc Rey Mysterio 619 DVD in HMV for €42 euro! Believe me, Niall ain't the worst!

Retail shops will always screw you by comparison to the internet. But not everyone has a credit card, and internet is no use to you if you want or need something at the last minute.

So enough already with the smear campaigns, after three or four years it's getting boring. People bitched when there was nowhere to go to get wrestling merch years ago!
    VR!

He was looking for advice. I simply advised him to avoid Wrestling Mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 da-mahon-don

anyone in cork looking for cheap wrestlers go to tk maaxx.theres the randy orton statue yoke that is 40 euro in smyths for 13euro.and they get new stuff in every week

They're only €18 in Smyths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Hey KKV now you think TK Maxx are screwing people over what next

VR!

I think this is the same with everything (as you pointed out), but when it comes to wrestling merch, if your not in a hurry; As in, if you want to pick up a John Cena shirt just before a house show in the point (:() or something then its the business.Or if you spot something you want, like in this guys case, he wants the mysterio mask.

If i was going for a rey mask, i neither would go to wrestling mania for that particular item, because as it has been said before by myself and another, they have them in FP.
    If it was a good t shirt or hoody and i wanted to get one, i would indeed go to WM and see what they have before browsing online.

I think VR! that you kinda attacked KKV a bit too much in your post, as he said: The man asked where to go for a rey mask, and he said to avoid it.
    anyone in cork looking for cheap wrestlers go to tk maaxx.theres the randy orton statue yoke that is 40 euro in smyths for 13euro.and they get new stuff in every week

Deadly, ive been looking one of those Orton statue thing yokey dokey diggary doos!
    :p
    RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    Hey KKV now you think TK Maxx are screwing people over what next

That was quite an unfair post....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I think VR! that you kinda attacked KKV a bit too much in your post, as he said: The man asked where to go for a rey mask, and he said to avoid it.

My problem wasn't with what he said, it was more how he said it. As i'd said already, if the original poster didn't have a credit card or was looking for a mask at last minute, WM would be the first place that springs to mind. FP, sure, but the problem there is the majority of people that know of FP are hardcore comic fans. Stephens Green isn't also as out of the way as far as commercial places, in the sense that WM is a lot easier to stumble across.

You could say it was an unfair post, but comparing any retail store to the internet is unfair as well.
    That's all really.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

I agree with VR to many people on this forum look to put things down all the time. The question was were can you get a Rey Mask not an anlysis of were to avoid. The real question would be whether or not you want to buy a real rey mask as in official merchandise or some cheap knock off. Once you decide this there's only one place in Dublin(Ireland) that sells this outside of the internet and that's WM. To be honest if I was the owner of WM I would be considering some legal action in relation to the comments made on this forum. I purchase all my affliction clothes their and its at least 30% cheaper than anywhere else I've looked including the internet but I guess it depends what you're looking for

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Don't know of this is a bit late or not (didn't read through the posts above!) - masks available on wwe euroshop for €40.

http://www.wweeuroshop.com/product.asp?code=59249

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    To be honest if I was the owner of WM I would be considering some legal action in relation to the comments made on this forum.

You would consider legal action because why? Informed fans who are aware of where to buy merchandise cheaper, are sharing their knowledge with the uninformed... there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Every time i'm in dublin i call in to the shop, but i have to say, i do find their prizes crazy for the most part, and never buy anthing.

Although they did have ROH: Unforgettable for ten euro once. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jimmy McMurtry

In fairness Nialls place can be expensive but like RAMPAGE said its all geniune stuff & the Affliction stuff is cheap especially to some shops in Dublin

Advertisement