Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandyford Village - options?

• 13-09-2008 2:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

I have been trying to track what options are available in Sandyford Village but can't really find anything. I am presently with IBB (wireless) and while I am happy enough, the speeds being offered by UPC and so on are peaking my interest.

I called UPC and unfortunately, they don't offer broadband in the estate that I am in - they do offer it in neighbouring estates though :|

Presently, I don't have a phone line installed but would happily get one if any of the companies that are unbundling lines were operating out of the local exchange. To the best of my knowledge, neither BT or Smart offer their service in the area.

Does anyone know if LLU is available in my area or is coming in the near future? The connection will be used for normal browsing/streaming and gaming. Would be great if the current roundtrip times and no download cap offered by IBB could be retained.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I found this but not seen anything more on the subject:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56744111&postcount=72
    Just rang BT, for anyone on the Sandyford exchange I've been told we're not on LLU but will be upgraded on 9th August and will automatically get 10mb-22mb speeds (where did 24mb come from :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Randomswinger

You can expect Magnet to be there in the next couple of weeks

Oh, have Magnet not unbundled the exchange already? I entered one of the neighbours phones numbers into their line checker and it said that it was available in the area.

So this is quite the bump but I am pissed off with 3meg IBB. Does anyone know it NTL are offering their broadband in the village?

Advertisement