Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Probably a stupid question i know

Options
  • 13-09-2008 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Im going on the m50 tomorrow and i need one of those tag things but i dont want to pay 30 euros for it is there anyway i can just pay it as a one time thing? just hve to pay for it going up and back
    mods you can delete this thread when i get my answer
    thanks a lot

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

You can pay your toll up to 8pm the day after.

Check their website for instructions on how to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Either go in to pretty much any news agents or garage and pay them €3 - nearly anywhere that does phone credit can do this - or call 1890 50 10 50 and give them a credit or Laser card to pay €3. Need to do this after you've go across but before 8pm the next day. This is each way so if you cross it twice, it'll be €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BlueDragon

is there anyway i can pay the 3 euros before hand?
    how do i do it in a newsagents?
    is there a way i can pay it through credit like the new parking things?
    eg txt a number with your reg and theyl take it out of your credit?

No, you need to pay afterwards on the system where its €3.

Not sure what you mean by pay credit?

If you have a credit or debit card, you can register your car on eflow.ie and it will charge you €2.50 a go on to the card.

that sounds good it wont keep charging me for maintance or anything will it?
    all i want is to drive through and back with it all paid for
    which option will i go into?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

BlueDragon wrote: »
    that sounds good it wont keep charging me for maintance or anything will it?
    all i want is to drive through and back with it all paid for
    which option will i go into?

eflow.ie video account has no maintenance on it and charges 2.50 a go.

fantastic ill give that a go,
    what does it do? it just takes it out of your credit card when you go through or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

BlueDragon wrote: »
    fantastic ill give that a go,
    what does it do? it just takes it out of your credit card when you go through or what?

Yep, just snaps your reg plate debits the number of runs x 2.50 first week of every month. I use this option myself as i don't use the bridge alot

You can view the transactions online also

if i go twice this week and gdont go for like a year i wont get charged for anything else will i?
    whats the deal with this payzone thing?

No, just the 2.50 each time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

MYOB wrote: »
    Either go in to pretty much any news agents or garage and pay them €3 - nearly anywhere that does phone credit can do this - or call 1890 50 10 50 and give them a credit or Laser card to pay €3. Need to do this after you've go across but before 8pm the next day. This is each way so if you cross it twice, it'll be €6.

you finding that to be the experience ?

I have heard of very few garages doing the €3 pay method, only the ones who do payzone are doing it (aka Alyphrya) the margin on it is pathetic 3 cents a transaction so a lot of places are not bothering, its not worth the time and till queues it causes.

I've a tag (had one since ages back, not just since this happened) so I've not actually any specific experience of where does and doesn't do it...

Advertisement