Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

child abuse

Options
  • 13-09-2008 5:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Ive been banned (for a week) for given my opinion on a topic. It's in the PI sec under child abuse. No insults offered, No name calling, Just an honest opinion with a well thought arguement oh and a banning ....load of me sh**e
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

why post this twice? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Just in case I wasn't heard the first time
    I was under the opinion it was a public forum were topics were discussed as opposed to not liked and banned
    may be im wrong .....topics and posters are banned if they dont conform and may be a mod could show me where I breached the forum charter
    the Gall

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

CHILLAX

Take the night off and come back to this tomorrow evening. Its evident from your posts that you're a little too wound up about this.

And also, doupleposting: not necessary. Erm, at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

the GALL wrote: »
    may be im wrong .....topics and posters are banned if they dont conform and may be a mod could show me where I breached the forum charter
    the Gall

Sure.
    Post 52: a general warning for the thread drifting off topic from Victor.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57238031&postcount=52

Post 54 dragging it off topic
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57239364&postcount=54

Post 56 general warning (which i took to be a response to post 55 btw)
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57239862&postcount=56

posts 57 and 58 is where you went completely off charter. Thaedydal's banning notice was clear on why. Just a straightforward moderating decision
    In post 57 you took it directly as meaning you:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57240160&postcount=57

Post 58: thats the one you were infracted for and which earned you the ban. It was both off topic and paraphrasing the text Thead always puts in her notices, as overheal said looks like you were wound tight by that time. So the mod wasn't being personal doing their job.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57240188&postcount=58

Hope that clarifies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ive been banned (for a week) for given my opinion on a topic. It's in the PI sec under child abuse. No insults offered, No name calling, Just an honest opinion with a well thought arguement oh and a banning ....load of me sh**e
    Why were you so aggressive to the OP? You seemed to dismiss her as someone who doesn't really care about the child in question and just a nosey (I think) neighbour and someone who wanted to rant about it on the internet.

It really seems like you didn't read the thread properly - the OP gave tons of explanation as to why she's concerned about the girl. She knows there's no guarantee of abuse but she still can't help feeling uneasy about things. However she can't accuse the mother straight out, hence coming on Boards.ie to ask for advice.

• Advertisement

I just see the OP as some one sticking there nose in where it's not wanted or need, let me explain
    She said she's not a gossip yet she's gabbin with her neighbour and the internet
    She's got the childs best interest at heart yet this is going on months,
    She's sayin the mother is spaced out but not on drugs,
    She's already made a complaint and an investagation has taken place which has come to nothing and she's still going on about it.

Wtf does she want? a medal It's none of her business what's going on across the road
    I've seen it happen with neighbours /friends of mine and all the sh1te it caused from people with two much time on their hands
    I'll take the month ..fair enough
    as for an apology or 'did I learn my lesson'
    Fcuk that I stand by what I write.

Dudess I've just read your post again
    and I have read the OP's tread fully
    She has accused the mother, She has involved the Guards and now the mother is on a 'watch list' for the next few years

I could go on but it's a sat night and I've things to be doing
    Maybe more tomorrow
    Cheers
    the Gall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I'll take the month ..fair enough
    as for an apology or 'did I learn my lesson'
    Fcuk that I stand by what I write.

With that attitude, you may want to prepare for it being a bit longer than a month tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

She's got the childs best interest at heart yet this is going on months
    You contradict the above with the following:
    She's already made a complaint and an investagation has taken place which has come to nothing and she's still going on about it.
    She's sayin the mother is spaced out but not on drugs
    What's wrong with her saying that? She's concerned that the mum might be depressed or something.
    Wtf does she want? a medal It's none of her business what's going on across the road
    And yet you just voiced your objection to her leaving it go on for months despite having the child's best interests at heart...

I don't understand what you're objecting to. She says she hears this child - not baby - sometimes screaming hysterically and sounding distressed when with her mother. She is not saying there's definitely abuse going on but she's concerned just in case. How is that so difficult to grasp? Put yourself in her shoes - wouldn't you at least wonder why a child is screaming hysterically if it happens quite often?

It's better for a person to be that way than to just turn a blind eye as you seem to advocate, in my opinion.
    And it's taking a long time and she's asking for advice on the internet so she doesn't do the wrong thing in case there's absolutely no cause for concern.

well agree to differ
    and leave it at that

Advertisement