Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another clocked car / dodgy dealer ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Could be just an honest mistake,nobody would be that stupid???

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

jackncoke wrote: »

Good cop by the original poster, but gotta agree with jackncoke. Must be an honest mistake. From taking a picture of the TB change he is clearly stating it's above 50K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

maybe meant 50kms? as opposed to miles - 50km's although is too low for timing belt i reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

jackncoke wrote: »

Yesss they really really could be that thick:D

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

watever km it has, he prob means miles,, i.e 61k miles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Car is a UK import so anything is possible I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Be very careful about accusing anyone of clocking a car especially on an internet forum unless you have rock solid proof. I can see this thread being closed swiftly.

For what it is worth, I would put money on the seller made an honest mistake, they put 61k in the km field instead of the miles when filling out the carzone ad. It then recalculated 61k km as 38k miles.

Nobody would be dumb enough to readjust the mileage and then highlight in a photo that the car had more.

Case dismissed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

without seeing the mileage on the dash you can't be accusing anyone of anything.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The fact that the mileage is stated clearly on the engine would suggest that its a type. Until there is some definite evidence that the mileage stated in the advert (38,386 miles / 61,776 kilometers) is the same as that on the odometer then I'm going to keep this one locked as there is absolutely no evidence of any wrongdoing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement