Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Civic Key

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jockser101

all keys are different and situations differ but to sort the civic problem would cost 120.00 aprox using a genuine honda key and coded with the genuine tool

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭smidgy

Here is pics of the key - it looks mighty similar to a genuine honda key as you can see
    x44tao.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

looks good - any chance you'd take the lid off and post up a pic of the inside

what makes you think its not a genuine honda key?

and why do you need a pic of the inside?

smidgy made the key and that's why he says it looks genuine

I want to see inside cos i'm curious

• Advertisement

humm,
    from the post it seems he used a key from another civic it dident say he made it??

and if its from another civic why would it not be genuine

anyway depending on the year of the donor car it might be possable to programme the head from the donor car

but these cars use 2 types of transponder information and one can not be coded to the other

in short if the doner car uses the same transponder info then its possible to code it to the car

otherwise the doner key will have to modifed to enable programming

it's the blade from one key and the head from another which he bought

yes i know read the above reply

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭smidgy

yeah theres not much to the inside , there is just one big unit that you put in and i transferred over the light (diode) also, any idiot could do it, you need a very small phillips screwdriver which i picked up in homebase for a fiver

Advertisement