Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Econ as a extra subject ...

Options
  • 13-09-2008 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

I’m thinking of study home economics as an extra subject … is it easy or hard ??, and what books do I need to buy ??. It’s not offered at school so I need your help on books and study etc thnx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

Home economics i imagine would be very hard to pick up on your own. The course is quite big, and then the practical journal which has to be handed up in October has 6 tasks in it, it makes up 15% of the total marks. It is meant to be one of the most hardest subjects to get an A1 in for the LC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

any other subjects that are easy to do ???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Business? Long enough course but if you got a Less Stress Book I'd say you could get a B in it easy enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Just on the Home Economics - you need to get a teacher to sign off on your project vouching it is your own work, plus you need to arrange tuition for practicals. You can't just turn up for the practical and do it as there is a form to be signed by a teacher saying you followed a practical course in preparation for it.
    It's not a very complicated subject, but the workload is very heavy. It can link in well with Biology and Geography if you are taking those subjects as there is some overlap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

But does anyone know what text book do I need to get…..(name) ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is no recommended book.
    Here are some of the most popular ones:
    Get Living
    Lifelines
    Living Life

Advertisement