Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pre-ordered from EA

Options
  • 13-09-2008 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Yo

Anyone else preorder War from EA's online store. Im trying to preload the game now with EA's download manager but the START button is shaded grey and I cant click it !! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

U wont be able to until the release date which is the 18th. If you have beta client that will work or else you will have to download it from warhammer eu site

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

DrMorphine wrote: »
    U wont be able to until the release date which is the 18th. If you have beta client that will work or else you will have to download it from warhammer eu site

The email I was sent: "Thank you for ordering on Electronic Arts BV. The product that you pre-ordered is now available to either pre-load or download." :confused:

+ I should be able to play on the 15th with the headstart I got with the pre order... SO Ive got like 2 days to download 8GB's... :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

do you think it will be any good?

its going to be awesome :P

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yeah, I ordered from EA too. The download is also greyed out for me but it hardly matters, as you an use the beta client to play the launch game (if you have it). Download that, as EA hasn't quite been on the ball of late.

What I'd like to know is when our pre-launch starts. The SE version pre-launch starts tomorrow. EA site doesn't specify a date. They haven't sent out the codes either, just that email saying it's (not) available to download.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Maximilian wrote: »
    Yeah, I ordered from EA too. The download is also greyed out for me but it hardly matters, as you an use the beta client to play the launch game (if you have it). Download that, as EA hasn't quite been on the ball of late.

What I'd like to know is when our pre-launch starts. The SE version pre-launch starts tomorrow. EA site doesn't specify a date. They haven't sent out the codes either, just that email saying it's (not) available to download.

SE headstart is the 15th, the GOA timetable is here.

http://www.war-europe.com/#/news/?id_news=en142&lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

wow wow wow, hang on a sec.. Warhammer is produced by EA ? as in electronic arts ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

looks like im getting online tommorow morning :D

Any direct download for the warhammer open beta client.. fromt a FTP or something :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Any direct download for the warhammer open beta client.. fromt a FTP or something :D

I haven't seen FTP, but there are torrents and rapidshare links.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Spear wrote: »
    SE headstart is the 15th, the GOA timetable is here.

http://www.war-europe.com/#/news/?id_news=en142&lang=en

Yeah I saw that but EA never said whether their version is SE of CE, unless I missed something.

Yeah I saw that but EA never said whether their version is SE of CE, unless I missed something.

The client is the same for both. But you've ordered the SE.

Downloading EU beta client from gamershell.com now... pretty fast. 400 Kbs.
    Yeah, I ordered from EA too. The download is also greyed out for me but it hardly matters, as you an use the beta client to play the launch game (if you have it).

Can anyone confirm this :D dont wanna waste 6 hours downloading something that wont work. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

You will need to patch the beta client to launch client but yes it's not a wasted download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i got my cd-key in my email but when i try register it says invalid. anyone else have similar problem? or can i not register till pre-order starts?

jaggeh wrote: »
    i got my cd-key in my email but when i try register it says invalid. anyone else have similar problem? or can i not register till pre-order starts?

CD-keys can't be regged right now. Open beta code entry is closed. CE headstart code entry opens tonight at midnight. SE headstart code entry starts at 9:00am Monday. You have until Sept 22nd to enter your CD-key anyway.

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Downloading EU beta client from gamershell.com now... pretty fast. 400 Kbs.

Can anyone confirm this :D dont wanna waste 6 hours downloading something that wont work. ;)

I didn't just make it up!

http://www.war-europe.com/ the Sept 13 00:15 news entry
    Those of you who played the open beta will be able to use the same client for the head start. If you haven’t played WAR yet, make sure to download the client be ready for the game.

Sweet... 4 hours left on download. ROLL ON MONDAY

Advertisement