Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me choose - 1 GB Vodafone ISP or 500 MB Vodafone live!

• 13-09-2008 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭

Maybe I'm missing something but why would anyone choose the 500 MB Mobile Internet Add-on with Vodafone over the 1 GB ISP Promotion?

They both cost €9.99 incl VAT

Benefits of Vodafone Live APN over Vodafone ISP please??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

afaik the isp is not generally available or something like that or it's just a promotion. if you can get the isp one, do so because there are no benefits of live over isp and many of isp over live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Maybe I'm missing something but why would anyone choose the 500 MB Mobile Internet Add-on with Vodafone over the 1 GB ISP Promotion?

They both cost €9.99 incl VAT

Benefits of Vodafone Live APN over Vodafone ISP please??

As Sam Vimes said 1 GB ISP is a Promotion so you should go with. I had both and have found isp a much better experience. Does't time out as much and looks like all the ports are open unlike the vodafone live which would not work with pop3 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stoned Hippy

Just changed over from live to isp myself and loving the freedom. Just two things in the defence of live though, firstly, they opened the IMAP ports recently (and POP at the same time I presume?) which was a big improvement for me. Also you can apparently use the live connection while roaming in certain countries without incurring extra charges, unlike the ISP connection, although i'd check this with vodafone.

Advertisement