Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quickest way to spanish point form ennis?

Options
  • 13-09-2008 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

sorry, maybe this should be in the regional forum?!?

anyways as the heading asks, is it quickest to head out the R474 straight for milltown malbay or head up towards lahinch and turn off at Inagh? done both once but couldnt figure which was quicker. the r474 is a pretty bad road.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 leinsterfan

I think they're about the same. I'd take the Lahinch road, like you said the milltown malbe road is pretty bad, and if you take the lahinch road you can check out the beach, the left, and the other breaks along the coast on your way and then take your pick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

when does spanish point work best ? i take it its a good alternative to lahinch at full tide, but is it bigger or smaller normally ??? does it be generally cleaner/messier than say lahinch
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Was out in Spanish point when Lahinch had 6 inch waves, SP had 2 footers.
    The swell was WNW that day iirc. It is safer than Lahinch at high tide too I reckon.

I always go the lahinch road to SP, its scenic and better quality road.

Advertisement