Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bad vibration from 95kmph

Options
  • 13-09-2008 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Was driving the missus 05 Grand Scenic last week and noticed a bad vibration from about 95km, kind of like going over heavy rumble strips. The tracking needed doing anyway as it was pulling. I figured getting the wheels balanced as well would sort it.

First chance to get it done was today, but I went straight out onto the newly paved section of M50 between Clondalkin and Talaght (the effects were amplified when on the bad section between Tallaght and Dundrum last night. It's still there from about 95k upwards. Anyone have an idea what else it could be?

The trackign was a bit out for a while but I only noticed the rumbling a day or so after the missus brother in law took the car on a trip to Belfast (that was the first time I drove it after they had it) . Nothing untoward happened while he had it he reckons.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tyre bulge? get on your knees and look/feel carefully around the whole circumference.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote: »
    Tyre bulge? get on your knees and look/feel carefully around the whole circumference.

Mike.

Didnt think of that.

Just went and checked. I ran my hand around the front tyres. The sidewalls feel like they have maybe 2 small bulges in them. The passenger side has a patch about half an inch squae with some light cracking.

I'd imagine if I head back they would be able to tell if I get them to check the tyres? (I'm useing the Advance pistop on the robinhood road, they always been reliable).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

I have this with my Punto also, and I only got four new tyres and a tracking doen recently. The car is going straight, doesn't pull to one side, but as soon as I get to the 120kph mark it starts vibrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I would say get the it balanced again, you will really start to feel bad balancing at around 50-65 mph, So i would guess that it was'nt done right

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I have this with my Punto also, and I only got four new tyres and a tracking doen recently. The car is going straight, doesn't pull to one side, but as soon as I get to the 120kph mark it starts vibrating.

Yeah, because its a punto.. :pac: :D *

I'd get it checked out anyway.. could be balancing alright..

*Note: I also own a punto :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I would say get it balanced again

Yep - if you can't find any defect in the tyres then get it balanced again. It's possible that Advance may have accidentally fitted the wrong balance weight or put it in the wrong location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Thats funny, I got mine done in Advance too- got the new tyres in the Robin Hood Rd and got them tracked in Naas.

Advertisement