Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 6 Check Engine Light

Options
  • 13-09-2008 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

2004 Mazda 6 2.0L diesel, 90K.

The check engine light has come on. It's constant, not flashing. The manual says it's either
    -low fuel ( tank is 3/4 full)
    - problem with engine's electrical system
    - problem with emission control system.

The car passed the NCT on Monday. I'm not sure when the light came on as it's the wifes car and she didn't notice. Is there anything I can check before I take it to a Mazda dealer? Am I right in thinking it's OK to drive the car to the dealer as long as the CEL isn't flashing?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Probably a lamda sensor or something. Take it to dealer and he'll plug it in and you'll know for definite. Should be ok to drive away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

gpf101 wrote: »
    Probably a lamda sensor or something. Take it to dealer and he'll plug it in and you'll know for definite. Should be ok to drive away.
    Could be literally one out of hundreds of problems.

Advertisement