Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helpdesk?

Options
  • 13-09-2008 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭

I was wondering, why can't people post in the helpdesk? There are a couple of threads ongoing in there where I would like to make a post, but apparently I don't have authorisation. One example would be

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055375700

that, where Seamus has said that no other posters had complained about the situation in the politics forum, which is categorically incorrect.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Only Smods and admins can post there. It'd be Feedback mk II if everybody could post.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

anyone can start a helpdesk thread, only smods or admins can reply. unless they give others access to the thread.

The point of the helpdesk is that user can raise a concern without all the random intereference. If it was as you say it would just be the same as feedback, where of course the OP could have raised the thread if they wanted everyone to be able to reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I was wondering, why can't people post in the helpdesk? There are a couple of threads ongoing in there where I would like to make a post, but apparently I don't have authorisation. One example would be

that, where Seamus has said that no other posters had complained about the situation in the politics forum, which is categorically incorrect.

You can start a thread here or you can start your own thread in helpdesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

You could always PM Seamus and correct him on his comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

It'd be Feedback mk II if everybody could post.
    copacetic wrote: »
    The point of the helpdesk is that user can raise a concern without all the random intereference.
    Okay, I see these are good points, but in this case (and probably others) you may have unintended consequences, where one poster is effectively isolated and facing a hostile group. I have to say, I don't like how that looks.

In fairness, it wouldn't be hard just to ban lolcats in the place.
    copacetic wrote: »
    If it was as you say it would just be the same as feedback, where of course the OP could have raised the thread if they wanted everyone to be able to reply
    I think the thread was moved there without the poster's agreement? I could be mistaken in this though.
    You could always PM Seamus and correct him on his comment.
    A public comment requires a public reply.

• Advertisement

A public comment requires a public reply.

No, it doesn't. However, I can understand your desire to voice your opinion publicly. Feedback thread linking the helpdesk thread may be your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

No, it doesn't.
    Yes, it does. PMs and public threads usually only cross over when someone completely loses the run of themselves. Are you of the opinion that I shouldn't have made this feedback thread in feedback?

Yes, it does. PMs and public threads usually only cross over when someone completely loses the run of themselves. Are you of the opinion that I shouldn't have made this feedback thread in feedback?

Well, you can argue semantics with me or you can implement some of the constructive suggestions above. Your choice.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

where one poster is effectively isolated and facing a hostile group. I have to say, I don't like how that looks.

Facing a hostile group of smods? unlikely.

Why not pm seamus asking can you be allowed access to that thread then?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Help desk is where people have problems or complaints post. There's no need for input from anyone who's not involved.

If you feel that you can offer a constructive solution to an issue, start a feedback thread. If you have an issue which requires resolution, post in help desk.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement