Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coyotes

Options
  • 13-09-2008 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Anyone been in the new bar on Forster Street? Where exactly is it? And was it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I think its where boo radley's used to be. Havent been there yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Its boo's with a pool table and a few posters on the wall. The place is a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

I wanted to start same thread. :)

I've been there few days ago, nothing special honestly. I haven't seen many people there..

I must say that I haven't seen any pool table there so maybe I went to the wrong pub..? :pac:

Is it beside the bus station? The one beside Fox pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

have they not coyote ugly style dancers on the bars no?..

boos, saints and scholars, coyotes, whatever it's called, it'll always be a sweat box!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

If you like CPs you'll like it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

hada wrote: »
    have they not coyote ugly style dancers on the bars no?..

boos, saints and scholars, coyotes, whatever it's called, it'll always be a sweat box!

I was in there on wednesday with my gf, no air conditioning, and when we went out onto the balcony to get some air, the bouncer kept telling us to go back inside :confused:

the place was stupidly packed, all in all i was relieved to retreat to club S for some munchies! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Was in on Friday night, Coyote Ugly style dancers on the bar when I went in and they had moved to the dance floor as I was leaving. Didn't stay long. Nor did I see the pool table. The decor down the back where I was rocked all Scarface, Goodfellas that type of thing. Bar staff were very friendly. Was quite busy alright, but I would go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

well I went for a pint on thursday night in Red square went for a walk around en route to the jacks. Found it very underwhelming. There was more people on the street advertising it then were in the place. Its the same lay out as Boos. In a nut shell, Boos + Lick a pint + pool table + barrels for tables = coyotes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

That place will always be a ****ehole.

grasshopa wrote: »
    If you like CPs you'll like it

Have you been there?I am sure CP's crwn would love a mechanical bull.

It is a sweat box!

• Advertisement

I dont think you should let a bull in amongst heifers-yeah,I went there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭cheekay

The place is a cattle mart. Was in on wednesday and passed by again on friday.Was jammers.

I wasnt too impressed with it tho. So much for coyote style dancers and mechanical bull. I failed to see the bull anywhere and the coyote dancers looked like cidona roadshow dancers at a hen party. They were wearing big, white fluffy hen party style hats, denim shorts and white shirts.

There hasnt been much effort put into changing it to a coyote style bar other than the "dancers" and a few posters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

Theme pubs = bad idea?

Tawny wrote: »
    Theme pubs = bad idea?

I dont think so-just the ****e ones are a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Was in there last night, yet another venue that I've vowed never to return to...

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

2 Words: **** HOLE!

If the girls in cheap tacky, hen night style, pink cowboy hats promoting the place don't put you off then allow the knackers already in there do it for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The should've called it Prairie Dog's tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What the hell was all the crap in the papers about it being ireland's 'first purpose built theme bar' and all this nonsense that made it out to be a sprawling multi-room complex? It's Boo Radleys with a few Coyote Ugly posters on the wall, and that's not ****ing joking - what a joke, not the worst place, never did mind Boo Radley's, but I can't see myself ever going there again over better clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

What the hell was all the crap in the papers about it being ireland's 'first purpose built theme bar' and all this nonsense that made it out to be a sprawling multi-room complex?

Pretty sure they call that Marketing......it only needs a very tangential relationship with the truth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ya its basically boos with a different name.

they havnt even stuck to the one theme. They mix and match a few different themes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

i heard 90 grand was spent on memorobelia for the place? will never be there to find out if it looks worth it tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I think the pics in Galway First gave it away. If the place was such a great theme pub you'd have had pics of the interior rather than the same 3 girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Is anyone surprised?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Tawny wrote: »
    Theme pubs = bad idea?

absolutely...then again, I like sports bars! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

Nooooooooooooooooooo I had just about erased Boo Radleys from my memory......... nooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Haven't been there for a couple of years and don't plan to.
    Plus they didn't have any toilets which was strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

cheekay wrote: »

So much for coyote style dancers and mechanical bull. I failed to see the bull anywhere and the coyote dancers looked like cidona roadshow dancers at a hen party. They were wearing big, white fluffy hen party style hats, denim shorts and white shirts.
    They ARE cidona dancers! Freaks!

Advertisement