Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peoples Xmas List

• 13-09-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering what games are on peoples Xmas list for this year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

haha my "xmas" list started 2 weeks ago :pac:

Im seriously going to go overboard with games from now untill Christmas! It started out at about 9 - 10 games.. I think its 13 - 14 games now. games like dead space, pure, fracture loads and loads.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Cadeaus

Christ, I put aside about 300 quid for games between now and December. I think I'll need more though.

Gears 2, Fable 2, GH4, Fallout 3, Mirrors Edge.

About ten others too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea its going to cost about a grand.. in all seriousness why do they have to release all this games within weeks of eachother and 2 - 3 on the same day :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Between now and xmas, I'll mostly be buying;

Fable 2
    Dead Space
    Saints Row 2
    Fallout 3
    Gears 2
    Prince of Persia
    Banjo Kazooie
    Naruto: The Broken Bond (REALLY enjoyed Rise of a Ninja, so hopefully Ubisoft deliver the goods again... Release date isn't confirmed, but it was listed as fall 2008 on their last press release afaik)

Silent Hill Homecoming (The series has gone to the dogs, so depends on reviews really)
    Legendary (Could be great but could be utter shíte!)

Arcade;
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Meteos Wars

CoD5, Left 4 Dead and Far Cry 2 will all be purchased for the PC...
    I'd put money on PoP, Fable 2 and GoW2 being region free, so at least that'll save me a few quid!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Cadeaus wrote: »
    Christ, I put aside about 300 quid for games between now and December. I think I'll need more though.

Gears 2, Fable 2, GH4, Fallout 3, Mirrors Edge.

About ten others too.

Not bothered about most of those TBH. Mirrors Edge and Fallout 3 look good, I think Gears will be more of the same so I might as well just play the one I have again as pay 60 Euro to play almost the exact same thing again.
    tman wrote: »
    Between now and xmas, I'll mostly be buying;

Fable 2
    Dead Space
    Saints Row 2
    Fallout 3
    Gears 2
    Prince of Persia
    Banjo Kazooie

Silent Hill Homecoming (The series has gone to the dogs, so depends on reviews really)
    Legendary (Could be great but could be utter shíte!)

Arcade;
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Meteos Wars

CoD5, Left 4 Dead and Far Cry 2 will all be purchased for the PC...
    I'd put money on PoP, Fable 2 and GoW2 being region free, so at least that'll save me a few quid!:p

Fallout 3 looks interesting, might pick it up. Didn't know prince of persia was goin to be out for Xmas, definitely picking that up. Saints Row 2 is dodgy enough, I can certainly live without. Silent Hill might be great but probably not.

Duke Nukem 3D is class but depends on price and if Valve release TF2 content, I'll spend my money on that instead :D

Pretty much everything else I heard about is forgettable and not worth the bother IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Saints Row 2 looks better than GTA4 imo, not graphically but game play wise. But yeah lots of good games all at the same time. Could go either way but I think SR2 will do it.

Saints Row 2, Far Cry 2, Little Big Planet (PS3), Fallout 3, Dead Space, Gears 2, Fable 2, Duke Nukem 3D

CoD5 I don't know, I've had my fill of WW2. Bring on CoD6.

Left 4 Dead looks utter sh1t from the gameplay vids I have seen, I can't see the hype behind it at all.

Forgot to throw End War in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

brim4brim wrote: »
    Didn't know prince of persia was goin to be out for Xmas, definitely picking that up. Saints Row 2 is dodgy enough, I can certainly live without. Silent Hill might be great but probably not.

Yeah, PoP is out in December according to EG. Definitely at the top of my list.
    Saint's Row was pretty enjoyable, and what I've seen of #2 so far makes it look fairly appealing... Might wait for a couple of reviews first, but I've got a feeling I'll be buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its going to be some xmas

so many games coming out between now and xmas

ill be getting most of them on the ps3

ill be getting them from usa

saving alot

could be the best ever xmas for games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Right now, I'm thinking about:
    -Fallout 3
    -Mass Effect
    -Fable 2
    -Left4Dead
    -Viva Pinata: TiP

Originally I was thinking of getting Gears 2, because I played Gears 1 online for months & made some great friends through it. But the ports for Xbox Live are blocked in campus accommodation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Well, I'll be spending every penny I have getting the mother in law out of the house so I can live in peace.... And go crazy on GOW2, Pure and dig out Rock Band... Oh how I miss my own place ;-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

unklerosco wrote: »
    Well, I'll be spending every penny I have getting the mother in law out of the house so I can live in peace.... And go crazy on GOW2, Pure and dig out Rock Band... Oh how I miss my own place ;-(

:O you're living with the mother in law?

I don't know how you guys fit in all those games?

At the moment, I'd be lucky to get through Gears 2, Fallout and Star Wars.

After losing my life, my fitness and almost my girlfriend to Oblivion ( ;) ) I'm staying well away from Fallout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Its not so much living as dying a very slow and painfull death....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Christmas started last week with TW09, will continue with COD:WAW and perhaps PES 2009 if the reviews are good.

GOW2 may get a look in as well also depending on the reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I got teh new Viva Pinata game recently and that'll be my last game until Christmas.

Ones I'm looking forward to:

New Banjoo and Kazoie
    Prince of Persia
    Sonic Unleashed
    Golden Axe Beast Rider
    Valkyria Chronicles (top of my list by a country mile)

Will probably pick up a couple of the usual suspects as well e.g. Gears of War 2 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

eyeing up the following games for definite.

Star wars
    COD WAW
    Left 4 Dead.

Also interested in seeing how Farcry comes out. Other than that I'll be waiting to hear the reviews for other must get games and pick them up accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Dead Space
    Silent Hill: Homecoming
    Mirrors Edge
    Prince of Persia
    The Last Remnant
    Fable II

I probably will only play 2 of them and start playing SCIV again though. :pac:

Advertisement