Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT Question

Options
  • 13-09-2008 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Was looking at getting a Peugeot 106 gti 1998.

A while ago I calculated it and it was 315 euro. Now it has gone up to 640? Is this true? Can anyone confirm this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If you did the same calculations than before then yes it is true.

The VRT is Co2 based now.

According to Parkers the Co2 figure for it is 201. Thats band F

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

There are now new minimum amounts based on the CO2 rating. €640 sounds right for Band F.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cabbott

im bringing in a 01 vectra in 2 weeks, i priced it before it was €374, now its €560, glad i read this post otherwise i would have went to town a few quid short, oh well, im getting the car for €930, delivered to the door, 57,000 genuine miles, been it the family since new. cant complain at that i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

cabbott wrote: »
    im bringing in a 01 vectra in 2 weeks, i priced it before it was €374, now its €560, glad i read this post otherwise i would have went to town a few quid short, oh well, im getting the car for €930, delivered to the door, 57,000 genuine miles, been it the family since new. cant complain at that i suppose.

VRO will not take cash, only Laser (limitied to ~€1300), cheque or draft.

VRO will not take cash, only Laser (limitied to ~€1300), cheque or draft.
    oh, i thought it was only cash they took, its been a couple of years since i cleared my own car, thats how i thought i remember it.

• Advertisement

are cars which are now imported, taxed under the new co2 based rules or are they taxed under the old normal cc based way.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

cabbott wrote: »
    are cars which are now imported, taxed under the new co2 based rules or are they taxed under the old normal cc based way.

pre-08 are tax'd under the CC system.

Advertisement