Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixed Hockey

Options
  • 13-09-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭

I heard that the Irish Colleges Hockey League are allowing UCD to enter a mixed team this year?
    Any truth to it. College hockey is great craic to play but UCD haven't had a team before...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭dragonkin

Any idea what size the teams are? Full 11 aside or smaller?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I've played for Tallaght IT a few times when they were short and its 11 a side.
    Im guessing its juat a rumour or someone would have heard about it....

I had a look around and found info about this on CUSAI. Don't know why UCD didn't enter a mixed team last year. You could try the mens club website and ask there about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

See to join the UCD hockey team in college I cant play for the team I play for in the Leinster League, because apparently UCD register you for that aswell, which is mightily annoying because (no offense) but UCD really don't have a great team...

Don't see why you'd have to be a registered player of UCD to play in the mixed league. It's run by CUSAI and not the leinster league.
    I'd still give the club a shout as they would be the best people to organise it, if anything it is probably better from UCDs point of view if the mixed team is made up of non club members who don't currently play for them as some might stay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement