Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elysian tower

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Course they are. Drive past it some night and look up, there's bugger all occupants.

And I'm pretty sure some of those lights are left on on purpose...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

dahamsta wrote: »
    Course they are. Drive past it some night and look up, there's bugger all occupants.

There's 5 apartments sold there. 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Man if I had an old doll I would really think about going halfsies on a 1 bedroom. Alas I don't and 1000 is just a bit over the top for my current wages, 500 a month would be grand out. However, I work literally next to the Elysian. My life would be confined to eglington street, the horror. As much as it would be kind of cool to live in town, I like living in Rochestown very much and the rents only charge me a small amount of rent. Now if they drop in price to like 800. Then I would have to really think about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Bill-e wrote: »
    Man if I had an old doll I would really think about going halfsies on a 1 bedroom.
    You don't live in an apartment in the Elysian with a girl, you bring them there.

The apartments in the tower are probably described as "F*ck Pad #7" on the blueprints.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Bill-e wrote: »
    Man if I had an old doll I would really think about going halfsies on a 1 bedroom. Alas I don't and 1000 is just a bit over the top for my current wages, 500 a month would be grand out. However, I work literally next to the Elysian. My life would be confined to eglington street, the horror. As much as it would be kind of cool to live in town, I like living in Rochestown very much and the rents only charge me a small amount of rent. Now if they drop in price to like 800. Then I would have to really think about it.

It really is in a horrible location, not to mention it's an ugly building itself. It's little more than a large roundabout with some views of urban decay on the lower floors. I'd love to see the 'quality' of the finish and see if the rumours were true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I wonder where in the building those apartments that are being offered for rent on daft are situated. Like you'd want them to be high up enough so that u don't hear all the traffic. if def wouldn't want to live in the flat in the lowrise part of it that face off out towards the docks. if the one or 3 bed apartments came down a bit more i would def give it some serious consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Yeah the traffic would be a nightmare. Also, any fire trucks required in north cork have t go via eglington street. Happens about 3 times a day and hey are loud!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

suppafly wrote: »
    I wonder where in the building those apartments that are being offered for rent on daft are situated.

I reckon it's the ones in the tower which have the lights on sometimes.
    Looks like it from the pics and they are the only ones that are furnished in the tower.
    Around the 10th floor
    The view that they have in the pics confirms it

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

You don't live in an apartment in the Elysian with a girl, you bring them there.

The apartments in the tower are probably described as "F*ck Pad #7" on the blueprints.

Thats it,im sold on them now....

Seriously though,they are finishing up a few more of the apartments for rent in the next 2 weeks, once I get a view in the tower id be happy, would be better than any pick up line ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Thats it,im sold on them now....

Seriously though,they are finishing up a few more of the apartments for rent in the next 2 weeks, once I get a view in the tower id be happy, would be better than any pick up line ;)

"Want to come back to the big, empty building where I live by the docks":D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

An eyesore.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

"Want to come back to the big, empty building where I live by the docks":D

No im good,cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

mang, thats too funny. i'm still lolling

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Heard there's a new bar in the Elysian...its called The Idle Tower!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

When are they pulling it down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Daisy D

Big Tone wrote: »
    Heard there's a new bar in the Elysian...its called The Idle Tower!

LAWLS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭david....

There's 5 apartments sold there. 5.

ahh they have surly sold more than 5 sher how many are there??

lol

does any1 know the prices of them know??
    they must have been reduced alot??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Well I don't know exactly how many are sold but if you look up during the night there's barely any lights on. 5 sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Gunth

They should direct the River Lee to flow around it so that the effect will be similar to the Irish rail bridge collapse in Malahide. The result will be the leaning Elysian Tower. Think of the benefits to the economy with an upsurge in tourism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Just knock the bloomin' thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Put a proper restaurant on the top...simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,697 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Was told recently the developer is trying to buy out the apartment owners so they can just shut it down and not have to pay maintence till theres some level of demand again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Was up at the top of it yesterday, it was fairly miserable. Bleak, dark, not a luxurious feeling at all, although the courtyard is nice but not functional at all. Not like you can walk your dog in there or have a BBQ or even sit down and read a book.

Advertisement