Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing your new moderator...

Options
  • 13-09-2008 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭

It is with great pleasure that I can announce that deswalsh has joined the moderating team for the Dublin 15 forum. Des has been an excellent contributor to the forum, and with the extra traffic we're getting these days having a second mod around will ensure that it continues to run smoothly.

Welcome Des.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Dear Des you have my abject comiserations. :D
    Still I am sure you will do a wonderful job and if you have any queries you think I might be able to help with do pm me.
    All the best
    Thaed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

*waves and smiles* Hello Des ...!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I was gonna say welcome but I'm more of a lurker than a poster in this forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Does that mean that the drinks are on Des at the next beers? :D

One of the reasons I never went for modship :cool:

Edit: Oh yeah, nearly forgot, welcome Des.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

howya des,ye aul divil ye,welcome.

• Advertisement

You can't go for modship, well you can but it knocks you right out of the running.
    Anyone who wants it shouldn't get it.
    Those poor bastards that do usually have it landed on them out of the blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Hiya des ,will your moderation be modest or up front ????

ah never mind.......;) welcome anyway :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Thanks all.
    I feel like I've won a free trip on the titanic....
    By the way, It says here in the rules that everyone has to buy the new mod a round at the next beers. It's true *

May not be actually true.

Well tell you what you organise the next one and I will certain get you a Beverage and one for your good lady wife too.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    You can't go for modship, well you can but it knocks you right out of the running.

That's not entirely true though. There are exceptions (well one I can think of anyway).
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    Anyone who wants it shouldn't get it.
    Agreed.
    Deswalsh wrote: »
    By the way, It says here in the rules that everyone has to buy the new mod a round at the next beers. It's true *

Surely that could be construed as bribery? :eek: And I'm sure Des, being such an upstanding member of the community wouldn't want to leave himself open to such allegations. :cool:

Of course we might have to discuss this over a pint or two.

• Advertisement

Eh you have a misquote there....

Sorted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Well done Des. Good to see the D15 forum nice and active.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Surely that could be construed as bribery? :eek: And I'm sure Des, being such an upstanding member of the community** wouldn't want to leave himself open to such allegations. :cool:

** may not be entirely true either!

Advertisement