Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

whats the speed limit on the n4?

Options
  • 13-09-2008 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

hi all

between palmerstown and city centre (kilmainham hilton) area?

i wonder because its a huge stretch of road, on a national road, which usually is at 100km/h but ive seen a couple of 60km/h signs.

also today (sheepish) coming back from liffey valley centre i think i was doing 70km/h - couple of people zooming by, not sure what was what and saw gardai with cameras (2 of them, so i think covering both lanes) and im not too sure at that point what was the speed limit and 1 gardai writing a ticket to a guy 50 m after that.

i wonder, but at 70, if the speed limit was 60, i assume thats 2 points?hows that added to your licence and how much and how do you pay the fine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

80km/h I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

80km/h on the Chapeliziod Bypass section, 60km/h through Kilmainham and Palmerstown. Believe the 80 starts at the Chapelizios slip inbound and ends at the first set of lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Spipov wrote: »
    hi all

between palmerstown and city centre (kilmainham hilton) area?

i wonder because its a huge stretch of road, on a national road, which usually is at 100km/h but ive seen a couple of 60km/h signs.

also today (sheepish) coming back from liffey valley centre i think i was doing 70km/h - couple of people zooming by, not sure what was what and saw gardai with cameras (2 of them, so i think covering both lanes) and im not too sure at that point what was the speed limit and 1 gardai writing a ticket to a guy 50 m after that.

i wonder, but at 70, if the speed limit was 60, i assume thats 2 points?hows that added to your licence and how much and how do you pay the fine?

Palmerstown, city centre bound is 60KM/H until you reach the Chapelizod bypass EDIT:: (the beds - Whoops, the 'bends'!) where it increases to 80KM/H, then back down to 60KM/H as you reach Con Colbert Road.

From liffey Valley heading west bound, its 60KM/H due to road works - bit this is forever changing.
    It was 80KM/H up the Lucan bypass and then 120KM/H as you hit the Motorway (M4) for Celbridge/Maynooth direction - but again just up to the Motorway, the limits are continuously changing due to the roadworks at Newcastle Crossroads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

therefore, i have no idea where i was. will have to wait then. how long does it take to receive paper slips etc?remembering it was mobile cameras held by the gardai standing outside their car

• Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Generally if they didn't pull you at a mobile one - seeing as you saw someone pulled - you won't hear of it again. The Guards usually are along the Chapeliziod Bypass (80km/h) section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

What time was this at? I came home via the Chapelizod bypass, through Palmerstown etc and out the N4 at about 4pm and saw no sign of any Gardai. I pretty much stuck to the speed limit all the way though - what with the gloriously sunny day I figured the boys in blue would be out nabbing a few unsuspecting speed merchants :P

around 130 pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

They must have headed off to a BBQ by 4 :D

ahhhhh, thats what the siren on the cops car was after 5 mins passing by!

Advertisement