Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Shot Dead in Killester

Options
  • 13-09-2008 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

Man shot dead in Killester just after 3pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

From www.breakingnews.ie

13/09/2008 - 15:31:55
    A 24-year-old man was shot dead today in a suspected gangland murder in a bookmaker’s shop in Dublin.

A gunman walked into the betting office on Killester Avenue on Dublin’s north side and shot the victim in the head.

Gardaí said the attacker fled the scene on a motorbike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Any links or more details? Don't see anything on rte.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

tribulus wrote: »
    Any links or more details? Don't see anything on rte.

There you go!
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0913/dublin.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

The Irish Times site has named him
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0913/breaking30.htm
    Would have thought it was a bit soon to release his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Once the family have been informed, it is normal to name the victim.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I live in tallaght and the police are searching a house in my estate and have it taped off and stuff.. i wonder?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

that youngfella was a friend of a friend, I met him a few times, he seemed like a decent enough bloke but got involved in some stuff he shouldn't have obviously. I knew what he was at but people being gunned down in my old neighbourhood? Jesus Christ. My mate was visiting home from Germany and one day into his visit his neighbour gets shot, we're all in shock pretty much, this is just sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    that youngfella was a friend of a friend, I met him a few times, he seemed like a decent enough bloke but got involved in some stuff he shouldn't have obviously. I knew what he was at but people being gunned down in my old neighbourhood? Jesus Christ. My mate was visiting home from Germany and one day into his visit his neighbour gets shot, we're all in shock pretty much, this is just sick.

Live by the sword....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Man blocks doorway of bookies next to Ramble Inn.

Locals upset- "I nearly missed the 3.15 in Chepstow. This country's gone to the bleedin dogs!".

Kernel wrote: »
    Live by the sword....

In fairness, these muppets aren't even making any real money out of it, if they were they wouldn't be living with their parents still and driving crappy cars. I think they're just doing it to be hard or something, and I reckon they're killing each other over a few hundred euro these days, because they think they're in the Sopranos or something. It's retarded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    In fairness, these muppets aren't even making any real money out of it, if they were they wouldn't be living with their parents still and driving crappy cars. I think they're just doing it to be hard or something, and I reckon they're killing each other over a few hundred euro these days, because they think they're in the Sopranos or something. It's retarded.

+1.

Agree with you 100%.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

slight off topic but i heard that two people were also shot in corduff and finglas but didnt see anything on the news

has one heard this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

irishbird wrote: »
    slight off topic but i heard that two people were also shot in corduff and finglas but didnt see anything on the news

has one heard this ?

Yeah, the Blanch one was in the news alright.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0913/blanchardstown.html

and Finglas was a stabbing:
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0913/finglas.html

Ah Dublin is a lovely place sure it is...

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Ah Dublin is a lovely place sure it is...

I think its getting really exciting actually.

When I'm in Finglas or any of those area's I'm on the look out for celebrity crimbos or a good ol' shooting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

That was my local bookies when I lived with my parents,its a busy area with a green area across from it.Given the nice day that last Sat was I am sure their were loads of kids around,these people are scum.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Given the nice day that last Sat was I am sure their were loads of kids around,these people are scum.

Bit strong calling those kids "scum", rascals would have done :mad:

:D

Mairt wrote: »
    Bit strong calling those kids "scum", rascals would have done :mad:

But they make so much noise...:)

A man has been charged with the guys murder this morning, bloody amateur's - can't get anything right :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Thats shocking Mairt, the gardai have actually cracked a 'gangland' murder for once!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0917/barryc.html

That is my neighbour, he is such a lovely lad, always had a smile and wave for everyone. Jesus

• Advertisement

Jules wrote: »
    That is my neighbour, he is such a lovely lad, always had a HATCHET smile and would wave A GUN AT for everyone. Jesus

Very quick response from the gardai,I cant remember the last gangland murder they charged someone for.

The get a lot of stick but good job on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Very quick response from the gardai,I cant remember the last gangland murder they charged someone for.

The get a lot of stick but good job on this one.
    I'd wait for a conviction before congrats! ;)

I'd wait for a conviction before congrats! ;)

Yes maybe but even a charge in a case like this is a major improvement.

Yes maybe but even a charge in a case like this is a major improvement.

My guess at the end of the day is that the lad made a few major mistakes which led to the quick arrest and its nothing to do with good policing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Apparently his gait is very distinctive and he was identified on CCTV footage from the victim's house.

Not your ornery onager

http://jp-ireland.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!7D84D8D85790AC27!4413.entry

Includes info about his dad, also fairly nice guy, i remember going to the funeral. Jesus goes to show ya never know who your neighbours are.

Are you from Middle Third Jules? I wonder if I know you...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭hiltonhater

very sad. my mum is a friend of his mums (i didnt know the fella meself)
    im also a d5'r

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

my mate was playing against donnycarney yesterday, they had a minutes silence before the game for this guy.

and to whoever said they make no money and drive ****ty cars, he had a 02 lexus. hardly under the bargains of the week category

Advertisement