Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help picking phone for music/interviews

• 13-09-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for a 3G mobile phone which can record phone conversations (for work related interviews). I also want a phone which is good for surfing the net and playing music. I don't really care about the camea. I was looking at the iPhone and Blackberry but can't find a definitive answer as to whether they can record phone conversations.

Can any recommend such a phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

I don't have a particular phone to recommend, but for any Nokia s60 phone (like e51, n95 etc etc) you can install "pvr" a 3rd party apps that lets you record conversations. Similar apps exist as free-/share-ware for windows mobile phones and I'm sure for "ordinary" java phones as well...
    So, you can concentrate on a phone you like, and then add the recording function ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Simple. nokia n95 8gb. has a built in voice recorder and will save it onto the memory. simply bluetooth/transfer via cable the finished recording to your pc, open it in a audio editor that supports the file format and roberts your fathers brother. also wifi enabled and has an mp3 player.

is it for print interviews or broadcast media?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Thanks for all that. It's for print media. Yeah the Nokia N95 seems like a great handset but the Blackberry Bold looks great too as does the iPhone. Unless I can find a recording app for the Blackberry or the iPhone I'll get a Nokia.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I see no reason for recommending the n95 if the camera is unimportant.

Get yourself an e51. Basically an n95 without the bulk and the 5mp camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

jmccrohan wrote: »
    I see no reason for recommending the n95 if the camera is unimportant.

Get yourself an e51. Basically an n95 without the bulk and the 5mp camera.

actually yeah, and get a nice big memory card for it. that'll do the trick too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I like the look of the N78. Seems like a good music/internet smartphone without the extra high-end features of the N95. Is it just me though or is the battery life on Nokia phones generally poor?

Advertisement