Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lte6953 Cork to Lanzarote DELAYED

Options
  • 13-09-2008 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

HI

I, along with 180 other customers and passengers of LTE / SUnway holidays are trapped at cork airport. The flight was due to depart at 1250. we were told it was delayed until 1900 on checkin at 1030 hrs and given a 10 euro voucher to use in the cafeteria the facilities. Since then we have had sporadic announcements about delays. The flight has only left lanzarote at 1715 and will not arrive here until 2045. we will then dpart via tenerife at 2130 for a 0730 arrival tomorrow in lanzarote. the airline handlers have washed their hands and so have sunway. they will not give out any further information or refeeshment vouchers. I have spoken to the airport duty manager but he did not seem interested. Has anybody got any idea on what rights we have or where we should go to complain as nobody seems to care.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Go to the bar chill out and relax.

That's the only way you will get any satisfaction, take it from me.

Pursue it when you come back , but no use getting your kex in a twist now.

These things happen, ride with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Just hope you get out there and back as you've paid to. Complain when you get back. Think of all the people who are stranded, honeymooners who got ditched at the airport and people who have paid up and have lost their monies on holidays they will never get to take.

This is the beginning of your holidays, go to the bar, have a few beers and snooze on the way to Lanza. Hope your break will be worth the wait and you make it home as scheduled.

P.s. My inlaws just texted me from Shannon to say their plane has also been delayed a further hour. They were supposed to leave Shannon today at 1pm and the plane was delayed until 8pm. Now it'll be 9pm departure. So they've been told.....

Advertisement