Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Steering Wheel Noise!

Options
  • 13-09-2008 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

I was just driving my car and a 'scratching' noise started coming from the steering wheel. Whenever I turned the wheel to the left or right a noise like rubber on rubber was coming from it. Steering was fine and there are no warning lights on the dash at all. Does anyone know what it might be? It's a 99 Ford Fiesta. I'm going to bring it to a garage on Monday but I wasn't sure if I should be driving it or not before then.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

was the car moving at the time?
    Have you checked your PS fluid level?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

PS fluid is at maxium level.

The car was moving when it first happened but it also happened when the car was stationary and the wheel was moved (we were trying to listen to the noise).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Is it coming from the steering wheel area? Is it possible that there is dirt caught between the wheel and the fixed components. It could also be a dodgy airbag slip ring.

Advertisement