Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom poor performance

Options
  • 13-09-2008 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi folks -
    I'm living in the sticks of West Cork, and while I have good speeds on my Eircom DSL line (just got upgraded to 7.6Mb/684Kb) my connection seems quite sluggish - this has always been the case, not just since the upgrade. Once downloads get going they're fine - I get close to the rated speed. However, opening new connections seems to take an age, particularly with websites.

Any thoughts as to what might be the problem? Eircom say the line is fine. I'm getting 30/16 dB for the line attenuation and the router reports the advertised speed (7.6/684). I'm using the silver Netopia modem, 2247-02 with software version 7.7.0r6.

I just noticed this while browsing on broadbandbuyer: http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=7256 - is there a similar product for the Irish style connector?

Cheers,
    Peter

Advertisement