Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uploading photos to a website

Options
  • 13-09-2008 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭

I am looking for some advice. I have been asked to upload some photos of a charity event onto their website, complete with captions. Is this something an ordinary Joe Soap could do or should I call in the professionals ? I would have a go if I thought it was not too complicated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Sorry but if you ave to ask I think you should get some help.

Its very simple to upload photos, via FTP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks Namesco,
    I think I will leave it to the professionals.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Is this a once-off jos28, or do you need an automated system?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Hi Eoin,
    Its a once off, just photos of an annual charity event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

once off, annually! hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Uploading via FTP is easy but you need two things for it: 1) a user-friendly FTP application and 2) login and password to their site. Then it's just a matter of a few mouse clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

none wrote: »
    Uploading via FTP is easy but you need two things for it: 1) a user-friendly FTP application and 2) login and password to their site. Then it's just a matter of a few mouse clicks.

FTPing is only half of what is required.
    Once you get them there you need to display them.

OP -
    If you have a bit of technical knowledge you could get a gallery program and install it on your site. Google website gallery and you should get lots.
    Maybe the users here can recommend you some.

If you have some budget, the best solution for you would be to get sombody with the know how, pay them to customize and install some existing gallery software, this should not cost too much and you will prob get a boards user to do it on adverts.ie -> Services wanted

Edit:
    I've just see this linked of another thread:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

There seems to be a tool here for creating a html slideshow for your pics....

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Yes, I overlooked about the captions, sorry. Without it, you could just FTP pics and give users the direct links and the browser would display them properly. Not very elegant but would allow people viewing/downloading your photos. With regard to photoalbums, I'm using the solution generated by ACDSee. With a bit of a customisation (http://www.paneurope.eu/en/count/ie/photos.htm), it's one of the best options, in my opinion.

Advertisement