Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pandora Battery Problem

Options
  • 13-09-2008 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've installed the 4.01M33 firmware onto one of the later PSP 1000(Fat) models (The one with the TA-082 Board). I had to use the Pandora Method for this one, although I've modded quite a few this was the first time I had to do the Pandora. Ran in a couple of problems, the first being that the battery was a different type (small motherboard at the top of the battery instead of the big one by the side) and having to get a different one. Second is the "Time Machine" method to be able to use the Pandora battery as a normal one. Went through the instructions (although it did say that the time machine method will only work with 3.90M33 FW instead of the 4.01M33 I used). The battery will work as normal a few times but eventually the PSP won't boot and shows up all the lights. Anyone had any experience with this "Time Machine" method?

Thanks ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Time Machine isn't a way to mod a PSP at all. Time Machine is a special FW that boots from your Memory Stick to enable Slim PSPs to use 1.50FW apps.
    All phat PSP batteries will work in all Phat and Slim PSPs with no problems fitting in so don't know what the problem was.
    We probably need to convert your battery back to normal use again using any of the many Pandora Battery apps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

ongarite wrote: »
    Time Machine isn't a way to mod a PSP at all. Time Machine is a special FW that boots from your Memory Stick to enable Slim PSPs to use 1.50FW apps.
    All phat PSP batteries will work in all Phat and Slim PSPs with no problems fitting in so don't know what the problem was.
    We probably need to convert your battery back to normal use again using any of the many Pandora Battery apps.

Thanks ongarite. I knew Time Machine wasn't a way to mod the PSP, I just read elsewhere that you can use TM afterwards to make your Pandora battery boot up your PSP like a normal one again. Doesn't matter anyways as you can buy another battery for e6 on ebay and I can use the Pandora battery now for other PSPs mods. Thanks for the reply ;)

Advertisement