Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

747 at DUB today?

• 13-09-2008 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if an Air France jumbo landed at Dublin airport today?

Thought I saw one in the distance at about 1pm-ish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 qnhhpa

Air France Cargo 747 landed on RWY 10 about 1:15 Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Every Saturday ORD-DUB-CDG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Cool. Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I've seen this parked up of a Saturday afternoon from a distance. Is it a full size 747 cargo? It looks a little short of full size. Still a monster amoung the ryanair 737s and Aer Lingus A320s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Is that 13.15 every Saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I've seen this parked up of a Saturday afternoon from a distance. Is it a full size 747 cargo? It looks a little short of full size. Still a monster amoung the ryanair 737s and Aer Lingus A320s.

Last time I saw one Air France were using 747-200's for cargo. what do you mean by short of full size? The hump on the 100 and 200's tapers off almost immediately where as the 300 and 400 it is a good bit longer. The only exception to the "normal" 747's are the SP's, which are over-all shorter with a bigger vertical stabiliser. They're rare though, PAN-AM used to have a few, but I greatly doubt there's any cargo converted ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jucylucy

Air France B747 is a -400 . It is expected to change to the B777 torwards the end of the year when AF gets delivery of the first B777 freighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

jucylucy wrote: »
    Air France B747 is a -400 . It is expected to change to the B777 torwards the end of the year when AF gets delivery of the first B777 freighter.

Thanks for the info. Last time I saw an AF 747F was into Shannon back years ago, the 200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The service used always operate though Shannon (I miss it) but changed to Dublin when Singapore airlines left Dublin.

Not too sure if Air France will operate the 777F into Dublin immediately once they take delivery though. When it does start I will have to make a trip for some frames :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

The 777f will start operating into Dublin from October. I will post dates when I get confirmation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I saw this two weekends ago and was equally surprised because I didn't realise that Dublin Airport's runways were long-enough for 747's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Aer Lingus used to operate Jumbos out of DUB years ago.

In fact, the first time I was on a plane, it was an EI 747 from Dublin to the Canaries.

I've not seen an 747 at Dublin in ages...happened to be out playing pitch & putt near the flightpaths on Saturday. Lots of FR and EI planes landing but the noise from the 747 as it approached was unique and made me look up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

'Noise' is for the suckers who aren't inside the airplane itself; because you can't hear a thing inside the cabin!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

qnhhpa wrote: »
    Air France Cargo 747 landed on RWY 10 about 1:15 Saturday.

Took off on Saturday at 15.50

Advertisement