Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of eircom first time connection

Options
  • 13-09-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

i am planning to sign up to one of those broadband offers where you get three months free, free modem, free installation etc. However, I live in a flat where there has never been a phone line put in, i,e. the wiring is not there.

What will eircom charge me for this? Do i have to do this through eircom or can Smart or any of the other broadband supplier do this for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cat5

Think its €130 at the moment for a new line installation..ring on 1901 ask for sales ask for agent repatadly repaadly (a few times):D and you'll get an answer pretty quick..

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

How about if there is a phone line and a phone on the wall but there is just no dial tone?

I tried looking on Eircon's website for the info but gave up after going in circles

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cat5

AFIK, If the line was previously active within a three month period its circa €35 If not they charge the new line installation price circa 130:eek:

That's what I am fearing...could be a massive waste of cash if the phoneline then fails Smarts line test. I only want Smart Broadband or at worst one of the other DSL providers as I can't get UPC and not paying for a patchy Wireless service.

Just got the email there from Eircom it will cost €120 and may take up to 4 weeks then even if it passes the Smart test there have been huge delays with Smart connecting people lately.

It could be the guts of two months before I'm up and running or not at all...

"Ireland a country on the move...in a backwardsy direction"

• Advertisement

I ordered my line last week. There had been service in my flat previously judging by the old Telecom Éireann box behind the sofa but the cable had been severed in the hallway. I was told it would cost €120 (I think, it was somewhere between 120 and 125) and take 4-6 weeks. Yesterday the line was installed and it's already passing the DSL line test. More like one week for the line and maybe another for the broadband, I'll just have to wait and see. Getting tired of the whole 3G phone via bluetooth thing so I hope it gets sorted soon.

Got a letter today which included an "Agreement for Telephone Service" form which I have to fill in and send back to them within 5 working days...only problem is the letter is dated September 23rd???

If I fill that in does that mean I am contracted to Eircom or is it just standard procedure to get my number up and running?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

You are not contracted to Eircom for the phone line - you can move to anyone you like

Advertisement